Certified First Assistant/ Vein Harvester - PRN - CVOR
This position provides aid under the directive of a surgeon in exposure, hemostasis, and other intraoperative technical functions that assist the surgeon in performing a safe operation with optimal results for the patient. May provide local infiltration or the topical application of a local anesthetic at the operation site. Participates in volume replacement or auto transfusion techniques as appropriate. Will assist with OR suite clean up and turn around. May harvest saphenous vein and/or radial artery open or endoscopically in open heart procedures with proper training. May perform other duties or procedures incident to the surgical procedure deemed necessary and directed by the surgeon or anesthesiologist.
POSITION EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School/GED required
- Credentialed by the LCC-ST or NSAA as a certified first assistant/certified surgical assistant or certified surgical tech having graduated from an accredited program in route to certification with proof of eligibility to take the exam for certification.
- CST with current certification and two (2) full years of first assisting preferred.
- Current BLS certification
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience