Visitor Screener - FT - Nights
The DHR Health Screener is responsible for screening all individuals who enter DHR Health facilities for COVID-19 symptoms and risk of exposure. The Health Screener is also responsible for customer service. It is vital that the Health Screener exhibit our DHR Health C.A.R.E.S. values. The Health Screener is the face of our facilities. They are the first person that a patient, visitor, employee, or physician will interact with. Their interaction will set the path for the experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 6 months of customer service experience preferred
- Bilingual English & Spanish speaking preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organizational skills are necessary
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Ability to collaborate with staff, leaders, and physicians across DHR Health
- Collaborate to improve patient and guest experience improvement programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and guests
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to quickly resolve issues and concerns with compassion
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with a proven track record of effectively, interfacing, training, presenting information to multiple levels of the organization
- Screens individuals for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure risk who are attempting to enter the facility.
- Greets patients, family members, employees, visitors, physicians, and other individuals.
- Asks all of the required screening questions, every time.
- Explains current visitor policy and keeps up-to-date with any recent updates/changes.
- Maintains log of visitor approvals.
- Keeps track of visitors currently on units, ensuring process for sign-in and sign-out.
- Promptly calls for assistance as needed and with proper time notice.
- Uses equipment appropriately and uses the thermometer to take an accurate temperature.
- Keeps a neat and orderly workspace.
- Does not leave station unless relieved by another screener or employed individual.
- Notifies CXO of individuals who are non-compliant.
- Reports defective equipment.
- Assists with patient belongings deliveries as approved per hospital
- Assists with visitor escorts to and from patient units
- Willingness to do other duties as assigned, during downtime