Director of Interpretative Services - FT - Days
To coordinate and supervise interpreter services for those individuals under our care where their first or preferred language is other than (spoken) English.
- High School Graduate
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Current BLS certification.
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Fluent in Spanish
The successful candidate will understand processes for identifying qualified interpreters, understand interpreter services policies and procedures; have solid knowledge of management principles, practices and methods, able to provide statistical reports in relation to interpreter usage and expenditures. Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed. The successful candidate will be required to pass competencies for this position.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years hospital experience
- Essential Technical/Motor skills: Able to adjust and/or troubleshoot computer equipment.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and families in an effective manner. Exhibits tact, enthusiasm and patience. Must be sensitive to cultural issues.
- Effectively use interpersonal and communications skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Coordinates interpreter services by ensuring the smooth flow of operations, implementing policies and procedures, and enforcing rules and regulations
- Effectively scheduling interpreters either in person, or computer remote interpretation for the deaf and hard of hearing patients
- Oversees billing function of department by calculating charges and sending/following up on invoices
- Consults with staff to develop and implement programs that create a supportive environment for deaf and hard of hearing patients (families).
- Facilitates interpreting services in a variety of environments.
- Serve as an information and referral source on interpretation for patients, physicians, visitors, and employees.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external costumers and community.
- Coordinates complicated interpretive situations involving foreign language and dead or hard of hearing patients (families).
Helps build a positive and healing environment by facilitating communication in patients’ (family) preferred language and assisting employees to support the mission of the hospital, providing developmental opportunities and encouraging teamwork.