Registered Nurse (RN) House Supervisor - PRN - Varies - ED/ICU/PT Intake
The Hospital Supervisor assumes the role of in-house administrator during assigned shifts, and as such, has final authority regarding hospital policy and problem resolution. This position is responsible for the operations of the Hospital on his/her shift, including patient care, personnel management, and trouble-shooting/problem solving. This position is also responsible for the distribution and utilization of available resources to provide safe patient care based on hospital-wide assessment (i.e., evaluation of patient care needs/acuity, staff availability and staff mix) in a quality and cost effective manner. In addition with be responsible for developing, supporting, and initiating special events and promotions within DHR. The types of promotions range from contests and on-going initiatives and special events and other employee recognition programs.
- Current Texas state RN license.
- Current Health Care Provider level CPR certification, ACLS.
- BSN preferred, MSN preferred
- Five years (5) recent clinical experience required in a HIGH stress setting, three (3) years management experience preferred.
- Must be able to function in high pressure situations.
- Demonstrated and verifiable competency in nursing management, hospital operations and human resources.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Serves as a resource/facilitator for patient care and assumes responsibility for Patient Care Services/Nursing Administration duties when other hospital and Department managers are not available.
- Assists in providing effective distribution and utilization of personnel with particular emphasis on staffing for nursing areas.
- Meets with patients, family members and other customers to discuss concerns and unmet needs. Coordinates the response.
- Evaluates issues and identifies trends.
- Communicates trends to hospital leadership and collaborates on problem solving to address trended issues.
- Serves as the leader of the hospital safety plan in the absence of hospital administrators and other leaders. Includes coordinating the response to reported incidents including employee injuries.
- Manages the resolution of issues that arise during the course of the shift.
- Executes decisions in the absence of the Hospital Administrator. Determines need to contact Administrator on Call.
- Makes rounds on the patient care units and is available as needed for issues that benefit from management help and/or intervention.
- Serves as clinical and service resource, to ensure appropriate patient placement, supervise clinical activities, maintain disaster training skills, and to coordinate safe and appropriate patient care between all departments and disciplines.
- Leads Motivational Committee by managing meetings and assigning tasks and duties to committee members
- Develops supports and implements special events and promotions within DHR.
- Assists with promotional and event activities, such as set-up, posters, banners, etc.
- Manages, promotes and communicates event details and results
- Performs other duties as assigned by management