Business Intelligence Engineer III - FT - Days
Business Intelligence Engineer
EMPLOYEE’S NAME: ________________________
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Our Mission is to improve the well-being of those we serve with a commitment to excellence: every patient, every encounter, every time.
Our Vision is to create a world-class health system to advance medicine and increase access for the communities we serve by empowering caregivers to heal through compassion, knowledge, innovation, integrated care and excellence.
Responsible for maintenance and monitoring of existing BI reports, applications and infrastructure, as well as creation, maintenance and implementation of new applications, databases, reports, and dashboards. The candidate must be self-motivated with a strong attention to detail and the ability to fill multiple roles within the BI environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Hospital of healthcare experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Business Intelligence, reporting or equivalent technology experience.
- Experience with Star Schema structures
- Experience with ETL platforms
- Working knowledge of Cerner Command Language (CCL)
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Proficient in data mining
- Ability to interpret requirements and technical specifications and translate and present in an understandable and user-friendly manner
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence end user tools and knowledge of database architecture
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s degree
- Work with business units to develop Operational Reports, data summaries, and dashboards to support their goals using business intelligence tools.
- Organizes, and oversees BI projects in the implementation and use of BI software tools and systems.
- Works on highly complex, cross-functional, hospital-wide business intelligence solutions.
- Provides subject matter expertise for key BI core functions.
- Perform data validation to ensure the data is within the required quality standards.
- Designs and delivers end-user training and training materials.
- Conducts analyses of functional business processes and requirements.
- Works with internal and external customers and IT partners to develop and analyze business intelligence needs.
- Interprets business requirements and determines optimum BI solutions to meet needs.
- Identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the enterprise wide BI systems.
- Recommends standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure, and attributes of the BI tools and systems.
- Designs and delivers end-user training and training materials.
- Understand, design and develop solutions for data collection, data quality assurance, and data standardization.
- Participate in the development of business cases in the support of process changes and/or IT projects.
- Provides input to standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure, and attributes of the BI tools and systems.
- Works under supervision of the manager and takes support and guidance from other Engineer level staff to accomplish goals.
- Lends support and guidance to team members.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
LINES OF REPSONSIBILITES:
Business Intelligence Manager, Director of Business Intelligence, Enterprise Architect, Chief Information Officer
Provide excellent customer service to all DHR customers. All employees are required to attend the DHR C.A.R.E.S program which outlines the Customer Service Principals including: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence through Knowledge and Safety & Social Conscience.
Employees must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirement relative to his or her age.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: (ADA):
A.Essential Duties:Indicated by bold print within performance standards, preceding individual numbered criteria.
The following table provides physical requirements that will be associated with, but not limited to, this position:
Light/moderate lifting up to 20 lbs, from the floor to shoulder height.
Must be able to assist other employees with lifting more than 20 lbs.
Light/moderate carrying up to 20 lbs.
Pulling hand over hand
Reaching above shoulder
Dual simultaneous grasping
Depth Perceptions needed
Ability to see
Operating office equipment
Operating mechanical equipment
Ability to read and write
Ability to Count
Ability to hear verbal communication without aid
Operating Personal Vehicle
Ability to comprehend written/verbal communication
Other: Ability to deal with stress
B.Working Conditions: The individual spends over 95% of his/her time in an air-conditioned environment with varying exposures to noise. There is protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. The position does have low exposure to malodorous, infectious body fluids from patients and some minimal exposure to noxious smells from cleansing agents.
C.Occupational Exposure:This position has minimal to no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues and is an OSHA Category III (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Person who performs these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency medical care or first aid or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
Intelligence: General learning ability: The ability to “catch on” or understand instructions and underlying principles. Ability to reason and make judgments. 1
Verbal:Ability to understand meanings of words and ideas associated with them, and to use them effectively. To comprehend language, to understand relationships between words, and to understand meanings of whole sentences and paragraphs. To present information or ideas clearly. 1
Numerical:Ability to perform arithmetic operations quickly and accurately. 1
Spatial:Ability to comprehend forms in space and understands relationships of plane and solid objects. Frequently described as the ability to “visualize” objects or two or three dimensions, or to think visually of geometric forms. 1
Form Perception:Ability to perceive pertinent details and objects or in pictorial or graphic material to make visual comparisons and discriminations and see slight differences in shapes and shadings of figures and widths and lengths of lines. 2
Clerical Perception:Ability to receive pertinent details and verbal or tabular material. To observe differences in copy, to proofread words and numbers, and to avoid perceptual errors in arithmetic computation. 2
Motor Coordination: Ability to coordinate eyes and hands to fingers rapidly and accurately in making precise movements with speed. Ability to make a movement response accurately and quickly. 3
Finger Dexterity:Ability to move hands easily and skillfully. To work with fingers in placing and turning motions. 3
Manual Dexterity:Ability to move hands easily and skillfully. To work with hands in placing and turning motions. 3
Eye-Hand-Foot Coordination:Ability to move the hand and foot coordinately with each other in accordance with visual stimuli. 3
Color Discrimination:Ability to perceive and respond to similarities or differences in colors, shapes, or other values of the same or different color. To identify a particular color, or to recognize harmonious or contrasting color combinations, or to match color adequately. 3
I have read and reviewed my job description with my supervisor or designee and I understand the job I am expected to perform.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. DHR leadership reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.