Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) Analyst - FT - Days - Laboratory
To provide technical skills required to generate, modify and maintain computer operating system software and application system software of moderate complexity.
- At least three years of laboratory training and experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree in a chemical, physical, biological science, or medical technology and/or certification/licensure as an MT (ASCP), MT (AMT), or equivalent registry (strongly preferred).
- Experience in high complexity testing required (strongly preferred)
- The ideal candidate must be self-directed and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Prior experience in Laboratory Information Systems and/or Hospital Information Systems required with computer maintenance, interface setups and teaching techniques and knowledge preferred.
- Participates in the analysis of software system problems of moderate complexity and formulates and implements solutions to such problems.
- Performs programming, testing and documentation.
- Recommends development of system routines needed for the efficient use of computer system sources.
- Designs the approved routines and oversees their implementation.
- Develops efficient programming techniques in machine language for systems routines.
- Performs documentation and maintains system data sets and catalogs.
- Performs program design, generation, testing, and maintenance of specific components of the over-all system.
- Supports the development of documentation, policies, and procedures
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs related duties as required.
LINES OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Laboratory Director → Laboratory Assistant Director→ LIS Manager