Clinical System Support Specialist - PRN - Varies
Represents clinical areas in the planning, development, implementation, training, and maintenance processes for the assigned areas (Leads the application of appropriate information technology by defining required functionality and objectives.
- Modifies programming systems including testing and implementing to support organization's applications systems.
- Consults with users to identify current operating procedures
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Assist with supervision with the writing of manuals for users to describe usage and operating procedures.
- Relies on support and guidance from Level II and Engineer experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
- Works under immediate supervision and development
- Once available, successfully completes Cerner Fundamentals course
- Provides first level of end-user support
- Assist with System build, maintenance, support and workflow strategies
- Accepts as additional responsibilities as needed to support department needs
- High School/GED required
- Associates degree in healthcare, business or IT related field required, Bachelors preferred; ADN required for Clinical Nurse, Bachelors preferred.
- Healthcare background or experience
- Computer skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Some evening or weekend work will be required
- Bilingual – English/Spanish.
- Minimum of (0-3) years hospital information systems implementation, analysis, and support experience
-Cerner Core experience preferred
- Technical or Clinical background
- Strong hospital operations knowledge, including HIPAA
- Able to translate technical terms to non-technical users
- Analytical skills, basis computer, math and communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of all state and Federal regulations
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices.
- Analyze a change of events and apply technical knowledge by following established procedures and/or detailed specifications.
- Analyze and help define business requirements including new design and change requests.
- Participate in testing and validation of code upgrades and issue resolution.
- Handle production problems and provide support to clinicians, business owners, and IS teams
- Understand the concepts of change control principals and working in a environment in which changes or modifications could affect multiple sites.
- Be available to be part of the 24/7 on-call team on a rotating basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
LINES OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Director of Clinical Informatics, Chief Nursing Information Officer