Life Safety Tech - FT - Days
Assist in the development and implementation of hospital-wide safety programs for the facility and engineering department. Individual is responsible for compliance with life safety requirement and Joint Commission Environment of Care Standards as well as other regulating agencies. The incumbent is subject to being on-call 24 hours/7 days a week to respond to emergencies.
POSITION EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School/GED Required
- Valid Texas Driver’s License & proof of vehicle insurance preferred.
- Computer knowledge is required
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience
- One- two (1-2) years of related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety-related occupational training as well as local, state, and federal safety regulations or OSHA is considered a plus; and effective communications skills are required.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practice
- Assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of hospital, security and safety management programs based on evaluation of organization expertise, applicable law, regulations, and accepted practice; assist in ensuring that the hospital and departments comply with JCAHO, federal, state and local requirements.
- Performs preventative maintenance associated with Life Safety Code and Environment of Care Compliance as assigned.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and repair activities associated with the following
- Infant Security System
- Access Control System (s)
- Nurse Call System(s)
- Paging System(s)
- Video Surveillance Systems (s)
- Basic Fire Monitoring System (s)
- Fire/Smoke Door Preventative Maintenance and Repair
- Other work orders as assigned
- Assist the safety officer responsible for directing the ongoing organization-wide process to collect information about deficiencies and opportunities for the improvement in environmental of care management programs.
- Prepares, assist and submits daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual management reports for hospital administration and outside regulatory agencies.
- May be asked to assist the Safety Committee to facilitate the reporting of issues and occurrences for the hospital, engineering and facilities department; consults with staff on a wide variety of safety issues, policies, concerns including waste management, hazardous material control and security issues.
- Implements, with appropriate staff, safety committee recommendations and monitors the effectiveness of the recommendations and recommends corrective action.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the safety and training programs for the facility and engineering department.
- Maintains training records for the department; may be asked to ensure that appropriate training is given to critical staff for JACHO compliance.
- May be ask to responds to employees safety concerns by examining safety issues, preparing corrective actions and ensuring appropriate follow-up.
- Oversees and ensures compliance with certification aspects associated with JCAHO, OSHA and other regulatory agencies not met by other departmental positions.
- May serve as a resource to departments in developing safe working habits and maintaining a safe work environment.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by management or administration.
LINES OF REPSONSIBILITES:
- Life Safety Tech II and III → Safety Manager → 3. Safety Officer