Accountant II - Accounting
Under the Direction of the Accounting Director, Accountant II will support the overall operations by performing a variety of accounting clerical tasks. Candidate will be exposed to basic accounting procedures and principles. Reconcile various cash accounts to bank records by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards. Receive, research, and resolve variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status. Files, maintain, and distribute accounting documents, records and reports. Assist Accounting staff with other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Accounting, Auditing, or Finance preferred
• Good written and verbal communication skills required.
• Occasional evening or weekend work may be required
• Bilingual – English/Spanish.
• Five (5) year of progressively responsible financial or fiscal control work in a Hospital, preferred but not required.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel including complex formulas and Pivot table functions.
• Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices.
• Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
• Acts as a resource for Accountant I staff
• Prepares and posts various journal entries to designated accounts for reconciliations and adjustments
• Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
• Other duties as assigned.