Financial Analyst - FT - Days - Accounting
The successful candidate will assist the Director of Finance in the operations of the Accounting Department. This position will require summarizing and analyzing financial statements for external users, preparing forecasts, performing cost and variance analysis of patient accounts data, assuring the accuracy of balance sheet accounts, and providing assistance in long range planning and profitability assessments.
- College degree in Business/Accounting/Finance required
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience
- Three (3) years experience in accounting and/or financial analysis
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Healthcare experience preferred, but not required.
- Must able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Requires reasoning ability, good independent judgment, and the ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Must project a professional image.
- Ten (10) touch key required
- Must have thorough knowledge of corporate finance, including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow, capital budgeting, profit and loss, time value of money, and pro forma statements.
- A good understanding of database modeling is preferred
- Being able to communicate this information on paper and in conversation to audiences with varying levels of understanding is also critical.
- Must be competent and experienced in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Assists with various cost projects and perform statistical analyses based on financial, volume and demographic data.
- Examines historical and projected financial data to provide senior management with valuable data upon which to make relevant financial decisions.
- Identifies and adheres to appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Other duties as assigned
LINES OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Director of Finance, Assistant Chief Financial Officer, Chief Financial Officer