Engineering Tech III - FT - Varies
- High School/GED preferred
- Ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions.
- Manual dexterity is needed to handle tools.
- Minimum computer skills
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience
One (1) year experience – willing to pursue training.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practice
- Works shifts as needed/assigned - variable
- Painting, spackling, tapes & floats, textures, interior and exterior walls, ceilings, floors, cement, parking lots, curbs, structures, and adjoining equipment.
- Cleans and maintains Paint area and painting accessories.
- Maintains and documents a complete and precise record system of all patient rooms, and building painting pm’s or repairs.
- Performs carpentry – dry wall – steel framing - repairs or projects.
- Organizes and maintains spare parts and supply inventory.
- Makes minor repairs to equipment and fixtures and cleans equipment.
- Participates in Emergency Preparedness Plans.
- Assist in any project – wall mountings – or repairs – assemblies - as required.
- Follows and Documents all J.C.A.H.O. – T.D.H. – O.S.H.A. Guidelines and Requirements in this area.
- Assist in any other area of Engineering as directed.
- Stays aware of surroundings – monitors and reports all aspects of hospital while performing assignments or making rounds in hospital.
- HIPAA – Adheres to DHR policies and procedures regarding privacy and security of health information.
- Works collaboratively to provide a safe environment for not only the patient, but staff and visitors.
- Other Duties as assigned
Provide excellent customer service to all DHR customers. All employees are required to attend the DHR C.A.R.E.S program which outlines the Customer Service Principals including: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence through Knowledge and Safety & Social Conscience.