Healthcare Intern - PRN - Days - Accounting
The Healthcare Intern will be exposed to a learning experience that is both broad-based and insular in nature; an ideal exposure to modern health care delivery practices through one or more core projects, weekly meetings with their mentor/manager, and participation in cross-functional educational experiences. Throughout the internship, the Intern will gain familiarity with the operations of the hospital through full exposure within departments of the hospital. Healthcare Interns have opportunities to build knowledge and skills in a health services setting with organizational responsibilities ranging from assessment, planning and delivery of care . Furthermore, the Intern will have the opportunity to enhance their conceptual knowledge base and skills following completion of the internship.
- Coursework towards a Bachelor’s degree at the Junior or Senior level, in Sciences, Chemistry, or other Healthcare related field preferred.
- Must be available on-site at this facility location for the duration of the internship.
- Experience using modern office equipment, computer systems and Microsoft Office programs.
- Must work effectively as a team member, with management staff and must be able to work independently and/or unsupervised.
- Must maintain a high standard of confidentiality and honesty.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, ability to work as part of a team, excellent organization and problem solving skills, ability to assume initiative required.
- Solid judgment in decision-making, ability to act with little or no supervision.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed below. The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
RESPONSIBILITES: Include the following, however other duties may be assigned.
- Assist to create data reports on LOS, Case Mix.
- Assists to maintain physician professional licensing records
- Must be able to collect and analyze data in relation to expected outcomes.
- Prioritize and handle diverse workload of projects, correspondences, and project/report tracking.
- Conduct research into a variety of healthcare issues and best practices for Hospitalists
- Draft, review, and edit reports, opinions, correspondence, articles, and other documents.
- Must be able to use general office equipment such as computer and on line healthcare research skills.
- Must be able to meet the public and DHR officers, administrators and employees in a courteous manner, using tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to multi task and meet assignment deadlines.
- Gather and collect statistics for the Hospitalists groups
- Assist in development of Hospitalist policies and procedures, job descriptions and process improvement protocols.
- Other duties as assigned by the Administrator of Clinical Integration.