Unit Clerk- PRN- Varies
Under the direction/supervision of a registered nurse, this position performs a variety of clerical and receptionist duties for an assigned nursing unit. Assists in the transcribing and processing of physicians orders, maintains patient charts in an accurate manner and maintains adequate unit supplies.
- High School graduate or G.E.D. certificate required.
- Organizational skills is necessary
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience
- Current BLS/CPR preferred
- Bilingual—English/Spanish preferred
- Six (6) months – One (1) year continuous experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology a must.
- Must have proficient organizational skills and computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, knowledge of proper telephone etiquette, and strong typing skills are highly desired.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- High degree of competency/experience in general.
- Requires good communication and organizational skills.
- Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practice
- Performs clerical duties as assigned by the nurse or physician
- Transcribes physicians' orders, and maintains chart records and other files.
- Answers phones and routes calls to the appropriate parties
- Uses resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation and collaboration.
- Assures that patient equipment and supplies are available and are in operating condition.
- Orders and stocks the necessary equipment for the unit
- Maintains knowledge of and conforms to Hospital policy/procedures.
- Assists department manger with various clerical duties as directed
Performs other duties as assigned Provides excellent customer service to all DHR customers. All employees are required to attend the DHR C.A.R.E. program which outlines the Customer Service Principals including: First Impressions, Communication, Hospitality, Teamwork, Professionalism, Service Recovery and the Golden Rule. All employees are expected to practice theses principals at all times.
LINES OF RESPONSIBILITY:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX