Technology Network Specialist I - FT - Days
The Network Specialist I is responsible for the management of the hospital’s information system network including network hardware, patch management, risk and server management. Position requires advanced skills and knowledge to perform complex functions in managing a multi-user, multi-location electronic information system. Responsibilities include assistance with network security including support, as needed, to upgrade the system in response to deficiencies identified through network and other monitoring applications. Responsibilities include functioning as a team leader in identifying, ordering, and installing new network hardware and/or software approved by senior management and applicable Board committees. Must have the ability to install new applications, distribute and install software upgrades, monitoring daily network activities, enforcing licensing agreements. The incumbent will participate in disaster preparedness activities. Position reports to the Network and Telecommunications Manager, from whom periodic direction and general supervision is provided. The position requires the ability to resolve a wide range of issues and problems inherent in the day-to-day operation of a complex information systems network. The position requires analytical, interpretive, and constructive thinking skills to find practical solutions and to contribute to strategic planning. Must provide key monthly reports as to informing the adequacy of the network and complete Work Request documentation.
POSITION EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates degree in Networking, Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Minimum of two years supporting enterprise network infrastructure switches, routers, and other network equipment
- Knowledge of firewalls, VPNs, and other network security devices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with information systems network projects
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practice
- Identifies information systems network requirements by analyzing architecture, applications, programming and operations involving networks, operating systems, file servers, and equipment.
- Plans network installations and/or upgrades or expansions by developing detailed implementation and integration processes. Participates in the team effort required for large information systems projects.
- Performance by conducting capacity planning, network modeling, traffic analysis, and forecasting. Minimizes system downtime through early identification of potential problems and prompt response when the system fails.
- Monitors network asset inventories including IPs, network infrastructure components and circuits, equipment tracking, management, and budgeting.
- Assists with vendor relations.
- Maintains current technical knowledge by understanding state of the art technologies, attending or participating in educational workshops, and reviewing technical publications. If directed, conducts tests or evaluations of products or equipment prior to acquisition and/or deployment in an operating environment.
- Ensures information systems network infrastructure standards and policies through the development and updating of information systems networking documentation, including cabling, equipment and network infrastructure documentation and drawings, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Performs in depth analysis and maintenance on complex network hardware and software installations and repairs at multiple locations.
- Installs, configures, and maintains network hardware and software components
- Including routers, bridges, and switches, hubs, CSU’s, DSU’s, RF equipment, Firewalls, VPN, and all related network components. Coordinates vendor support and serves as vendor liaison for network related installations and repairs.
- Manage external audits
- Participates in after hours on call rotation schedule
- Performs other duties as assigned.
LINES OF REPSONSIBILITES:
- Network & Telecommunications Manager → Director of Technology Operations →
- Chief Information Officer