Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - FT - Days - Pre Admit Testing
Assists the registered nurse in the provision of nursing care to patients in designated departments by performing routine and delegated duties. Works as part of the pre-operative team
POSITION EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of accredited school of vocational nursing required
- Current state licensure required
- Current BLS/CPR certification is required
- Willingness to be crossed trained to other areas
- Organizational skills is necessary
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience
- Six (6) months – One (1) year continuous hospital experience as an LVN is strongly preferred.
- Able to adjust and/or troubleshoot monitoring equipment, and computer equipment
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others.
- Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practice
- Supports the philosophy, goals and objectives of the Organization.
- Performs according to approved policies and procedures.
- Participates as a team member in support of the designated unit.
- Considers patient rights in performance of job duties and responsibilities.
- Contributes to the progress and development of the Organization's adopted Quality Management Program.
- Performs according to established continuous quality improvement policies and procedures.
- Supports risk management and participates in programs directed to patient and employee safety.
- Objectively evaluates suggestions, grievances and processes to identify opportunities to improve performance and quality of care.
- Successfully contributes to the quality management process and identifies role and contributions upon supervisor's request.
- Communicates effectively with patients, visitors, physicians and co‑workers.
- Interactions are respectful and courteous.
- Communicates effectively and professionally.
- Documents that information received from the patient is disseminated to the appropriate people or departments.
- Attends departmental meetings
- Detailed history taking of per-operative patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned