IS Project Manager -FT- Days - IT Admin
Provide Project Management oversight and general supervision. The primary objective of this position is to manage IS projects. To ensure the completion of projects within time, and provided resources. This position will participate in all phases of the project lifecycle. Must be equally comfortable as a key resource or as a project manager and have demonstrated the ability to coordinate technical projects and train personnel. Responsible for all aspects of the project methodology lifecycle including developing detailed business requirements. Oversees development effort and test results. Prepares, plans and participates in user acceptance testing. Coordinates training, documentation and implementation. Uses highly developed project management expertise in all project management deliverables that support projects and programs including project planning and scope management. Ensures the change management process is utilized effectively to ensure customer satisfaction and scope/risk management. Will assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
POSITION EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent is required.
- PMP certification or working towards certification preferred.
- 5+ years of continuous Project Management experience in Information Technology projects.
- Health Care industry preferred.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project or any other PMIS a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicates with project stakeholders and executive/senior management and provides insight on issues through root cause analyses.
- Ability to work in fast-paced deliverable oriented environment.
- Must have exemplary customer service skills.
- Effectively manage and direct the deployment of a variety of technology projects across the organization.
- Consult with internal stakeholders to identify and clarify project objectives.
- Effectively manage all project deliverables including project charters, statements of work, project plan, resource plan, risk plan, project status reports, project metrics and KPIs, and other documentation.
- Analyze project requirements and coordinate the creation of detailed design specifications with SMEs to accommodate DHR’s requirements.
- Participate in the development of technical requirements and in the IT planning process to help define requirements for future software projects and supporting technology platforms.
- Development of detailed project plans, milestones and work breakdown structures (WBS).
- Development and implementation of complete project schedules to ensure required timelines are met.
- Coordinates and collaborates with outside vendors to ensure project timeline and milestone alignment.
- Oversee and assure the creation and maintenance of documentation that will, in turn, be used by others to establish and support installation, testing, and operating procedures in the facility.
- Ensure that all functions/departments affected by the project are adequately prepared and trained in a timely manner.
- Review status reports prepared by project team members. Prepare and communicate overall status reports as necessary to upper management and project stakeholders.
- Facilitate project meetings as required.
- Monitor and maintain Customer Satisfaction by participating in status meetings and updates as necessary and agreed upon during project initiation.
- Accountable for the successful transition of projects to IT support teams.
- Effective risk and issue management to minimize the effects of unforeseen changes or events.
- Report to and/or advise IT management regarding project plans, project risks, security risks and concerns, customer requests for scope changes, etc.
- Consistently meets documented deadlines and objectives.
- Prepare lessons learned documentation as part of project closure.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
LINES OF REPSONSIBILITES:
- IT PMO Manager / Sr. Project Manager