Director of Engineering- FT - Days
The Assistant Director of Engineering plans, organizes, supervises, and coordinates the activities of the plant operations, maintenance, and project management functions that are necessary in maintaining the physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utilities and grounds in an operative and safe working condition. These activities will be supervised by the Director of Engineering.
- High School/GED required
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, project management, or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work preferred
- Must have prior experience building and maintaining critical infrastructure master plans and long term capital plans preferred.
- Must be able to operate in a fast paced, highly structured team based environment
- Computer skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Some evening or weekend work will be required
- Bilingual – English/Spanish. (Preferred)
- Six (6) years of experience in a Acute hospital environment in an engineering and/or facilities related role preferred.
- Five (5) years in a leadership role preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE), Certified Facility Manager (CFM) and/or Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) preferred.
- Progressive leadership experience effectively supervising and coaching technical personnel, as well as, effectively resolving customer relations issues.
- Qualified experience in a customer service environment with resulting knowledge of customer account coordination.
- Skill in establishing a balanced perspective on mission effectiveness and business results is critical.
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations required.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices.
- Provide Leadership and performance management to the DHR, Maintenance, and Engineering team members.
- Maintain and improve site compliance related to environment, health and safety. Maintain compliance with state and federal codes.
- Determines and orders, material, equipment, and services to maintain assigned building. All purchasing will be related to Director of Engineering as he sees fit- all purchase exceeding $500.00 must have Directors approval.
- Continually maintains open communications with Director of Engineering concerning staff levels- incidents-failures-status of facility including equipment, needs, plans, changes, and departmental issues.
- Provide leadership to support the following functions: managing calibration, preventative and corrective maintenance programs, facilities resource planning, managing the central utility plant, capital planning, master planning, capital project management and CAD.
- Build effective and collaborative relations with peers and executive management.
- Interact with functional executive management, as required.
- Maintains implementation of all safety policies and procedures for Engineering Techs, including physical safety, equipment safety, correct tools, job assistance, and P.P.E.’s.
- Communicates Safety, assignments, customer service, and hospital education items to staff.
- Treat and communicate professionally and fairly with all staff.
- Maintain an Open Door Policy for staff.
- Maintains General facility condition ( both internal and external), Equipment , Documentation Inspections and P.M.’s required by T.D.H.,T.J.C.,C.M.S.,N.F.P.A.,and other regulatory agencies.
- Maintains all Emergency Management Equipment as required in Engineering.
- Demonstrates and promotes a positive attitude, team concept, and willingness to support all hospital departments.
- Will attend and/or hold meetings as directed by the Director of Engineering.
- Other duties as assigned.