Medical Lab Scientist Supervisor - FT - Days - Lab
Responsible for the assisting with administration of the DHR Health Brownsville Laboratory Services. Coordinates a wide variety of administrative, fiscal, technical and clinical activities for efficient operation of all laboratory services.
POSITION EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (required)
- Certification as a Medical Technologist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or equivalent specialty certification (strongly preferred)
- Three to five years of progressive experience as a Medical Technologist performing laboratory testing and evaluation duties, or equivalent in the following disciplines: Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, and Immunohematology. (required)
- Clinical Laboratory supervisor and/or management experience
- Knowledge or experience of The College of American Pathologist (CAP) inspections and requirements
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices.
- Submits required reports to appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Assist in the development departmental goals and objectives.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures for department operations governed by CAP
- Actively participates in all committees/functions required by the hospital.
- Coordinates and integrates these functions in interdepartmental and intradepartmental services.
- Assist in planning for use of space, purchasing new equipment, and human resources to meet department goals.
- Assist in the development and maintains department records, reports and patient records/profiles.
- Participates in the selection of sources for needed services not provided by the department or the organization.
- Controls utilization of overtime.
- Ensures staff member attendance for mandatory organization-wide training programs.
- Completes performance evaluations of direct reports.
- Meets established productivity measures/goals.
- Ensures all employees complete annual health updates in a timely manner.
- Interviews in a legal manner and hires without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age or disability. Fills open positions; counsels/disciplines employees as necessary; completes competence assessments and personnel changes; terminates employees, in accordance with personnel policies and in a timely manner.
- Assist in the development of standards of performance, monitors and supervises staff; evaluates performances, and makes recommendations for personnel actions such as merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary action.
- Assesses and determines the qualifications and competence of departmental technicians who provide patient care services.
- Recommends a sufficient number of qualified and competent staff.
- Other duties assigned
- Participates in decisions regarding new laboratory tests.
- Assist with cost analysis on equipment purchase supply agreements, rental agreements, and other similar purchases.
- Addresses complaints and incident reports regarding laboratory functions (administrative and clinical)
- Assist and maintains systems for continuous compliance with Laboratory regulations and standards.
- Ensures that the department meets all legal and accreditation/certification requirements, operating the department(s) in an effective and efficient manner.
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, logs, files, and other activities in accordance with established standards.
- Assist with the coordination and maintains the proficiency program of the College of American Pathologists and the functions of the Quality Management Plan for Laboratory Services at the direction of and in conjunction with the pathologists.
- Effectively communicates with immediate supervisor
- Effectively communicates with department staff members.
LINES OF REPSONSIBILITES:
- VP of Laboratory…….Assistant VP of Laboratory ………Laboratory Supervisor