Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Care Coordinator - ICU - FT - Mid Shift
Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for departmental specific patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards. Collaborates within department and other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization vision and mission. Utilizes knowledge of patient’s age and cultural diversity into the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
- High School/GED or equivalent
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing required
- Licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse
- BSN preferred, required within two years or hire
- Professional certification highly preferred
- BLS certification.
- ACLS certification
- Charge Nurse experience
- Willingness to be crossed trained to other areas.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English required
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience
At least 3 years of clinical nursing experience with a broad understanding of the patient care processes. Ability to utilize the best nursing process in the provision of nursing care including but not limited to administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others plus the capability to assist department director with supervisory responsibilities
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practice
- Ensures that care is delivered to each patient in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Texas and ANA Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice.
- Performs nursing care using sound judgment.
- Implements physician’s orders in a safe and accurate manner.
- Assists with admitting, discharging and transferring patients.
- Transcribes and implements new physician orders.
- Adapts to the needs of the unit by demonstrating flexibility/adaptability.
- Responsible for the care and cleanliness of equipment, supplies, and work area.
- Maintain Texas Department of Health (TDH), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and Joint Commission standards.
- Complete and update all employment requirements, including HealthStream, Employee Health, and Departmental Competencies, Credentials, etc.
- Administers medication and therapies within the scope of safe nursing practice.
- Formulates, modifies and implements goal oriented patient care plans according to facility policies.
- Assumes responsibility to report clinical limitations or the need for assistance to the department director
- Abides by the rules and regulations set forth by the Board of Nurse Examiners
- Adheres to policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services
- Informs the Nursing Administration and direct supervisor of any anticipated and/or actual issues/problems.
- Maintains current with all new policies and procedures published.
- Provides direction to licensed and non licensed staff in the delivery of patient care.
- Anticipates potential problems, situations and intervenes to offset any adverse impact.
- Assists with scheduling and staffing of the unit.
- Reviews staffing and prepares staff assignment
- Builds a positive work environment by guiding employees to support the mission of the hospital, providing developmental opportunities and encouraging teamwork.
- Ensures the distribution and delivery of equipment/supplies as necessary.
- Collaborates with other Charge Nurses to make decisions in coordination with the department supervisor
- Collaborates with department director and helps with the everyday operations of unit
- Performs other duties as assigned
LINES OF RESPONSIBILITY: