Echo Technologist - Days - Rio Grande City
**** This position will be located in Rio Grande City****
Responsible for performing all assigned diagnostic echocardiograms and in a timely manner. Performs procedures according to physician’s orders in the patient’s chart or per prescription on outpatients. As a member of the care team, the Echo Technologist is responsible for working collaboratively with other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of patient care.
POSITION EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of a Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program, Cardiovascular Technology Program or Radiology Program that is accredited.
- RDCS or RCS recommended
- RVT certification is required;
- BLS and/or CPR certification required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak English required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of patients, management and physicians
- Two (2) years experience in a healthcare setting as a Vascular Technologist or Echo Tech.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge in anatomy and pathology.
- Present images and preliminary findings to physicians and the healthcare team.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Requires good communication and organizational skills.
- Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment
- Responsible for performing accreditation standard procedures in a timely manner.
- Prepares necessary supplies and equipment for scheduled procedures.
- Performs necessary quality control on equipment.
- Responsible for the care and cleanliness of equipment, supplies, and work area.
- Performs all echo procedures as per procedure protocols
- Performs at a proficient level, all tasks within the specialty area.
- Accurately comprehends and interprets verbal orders and directions.
- Able to perform the necessary functions on the facility's computer system.
- Completes accurate documentation on patient records according to policy.
- Documents all pertinent patient information on worksheets for physician to interpret.
- Ensures exams are verified and completed for charging on Echo PACS systems.
- Demonstrates accuracy, and the ability to closely follow established procedures.
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Must project a professional image.
- Ability to recognize abnormal EKG’s and report findings immediately to the referring physician.
- Able to lift and position patients for procedures as needed.
- Ability to move imaging system to needed areas of the department.
- Maintain equipment and procedure competencies.
- Other duties as assigned