Patient Experience Navigator - FT - Days - Customer Service
The DHR Navigator will be the front-line point of contact between the Community Physicians (PCPs, ACOs, other Specialist) and DHR and will provide navigation and advocacy services for patients referred to the DHR. The Navigator will be responsible for facilitating and coordinating the scheduling of patient appointments (specialty services, clinic and consult visits, hospital departments, radiology, surgery, and ambulatory services) and help steer patients to correct specialty/departments within the DHR Health System. The Navigator will be responsible for implementing a streamlined process to for the scheduling of patient referrals to DHR in a timely and friendly manner.
- High School Diploma/GED is required
- Five years of experience within the health care setting required
- Working knowledge of medical terminology is strongly desired
- Good written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration and physicians
- Experience serving in the U.S. armed forces, or working with veterans a plus.
- Communicate and work effectively with a variety of people on a daily basis, including DHR staff, providers, patients, and other offices personnel.
- Coordinate between the various offices, clinics, and departments within the DHR Health System in a friendly and timely manner.
- Effectively communicate the pertinent information to various departments, using the scheduling tools, in order to be able to properly schedule appointments.
- Implement a streamlined system for efficiency in scheduling of patient referrals to DHR in a timely and friendly manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that patient referrals to DHR are properly scheduled within the DHR Health System in an efficient and timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring patients and referring sources have a good experience at DHR.
- Other duties as assigned.