Technology Server Specialist II - FT - Days
The Technology Server Specialist II is responsible for assisting with the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of various technologies managed by the Information Services department. This person will be responsible for the administration of the hospital’s system infrastructure to include physical and virtual servers, numerous primary and redundant enterprise SAN, NAS, and CAS storage devices, disaster recovery equipment, virtual desktops, desktop PC’s, and software applications. The Technology Server Specialist II will report to the Director of Technology Operations and work in conjunction with other server specialists for management of systems and software. The position requires the ability to resolve a wide range of issues and problems inherent in the day-to-day operation of a complex information systems infrastructure. The position requires analytical, interpretive, and constructive thinking skills to find practical solutions and contribute to strategic planning. Must provide key monthly reports as to informing the adequacy of the infrastructure and complete work request documentation. This professional ensures that computer systems function efficiently and securely to support the organization's information technology needs.
- Bachelor of Science or Information Systems is required.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience supporting enterprise infrastructure.
- Must have advanced skills in managing virtual and physical server environments with knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems and web servers. (VPC, MSCE preferred)
- Must also support storage management with working experience in SAN, NAS, and fabrics with Dell/EMC, HPE, Brocade and other equipment.
- Must have knowledge of exchange, active directory and backup management to include excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working on information systems infrastructure projects is required.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practice
- The technology server specialist II is responsible for assisting with the, installation, implementation, configuration, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of the hospital’s information systems server infrastructure.
- The server specialist is responsible for resolving complex problems and providing technical expertise on all server, storage, email, active directory, backup, and disaster recovery issues.
- The server specialist will, if directed, research, analyze, test, and provide reports on new technologies in information system infrastructure that may benefit the hospitals compute environment.
- The server specialist , as directed, is responsible for providing infrastructure standards and procedures to staff and vendors to ensure the highest quality of service is maintained at all times.
- The server specialist will maintain a comprehensive, detailed, timely, and accurate inventory of all server, storage, and backup equipment for DHR.
- Identifies information systems infrastructure requirements by analyzing architecture, applications, programming and operations involving networks, operating systems, file servers, storage and equipment.
- Assists in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various systems to include desktop PC’s, servers, infrastructure equipment, and software applications
- Assists with the patch and break-fix management of servers hardware, software, storage, backups, email, active directory, group policies, printers, FTP, and other infrastructure related items
- Supports, maintains, and monitors procedures for all server backups
- Monitors, plans, and coordinates the distribution of client/server software and service packs
- Makes recommendations for new equipment and services to purchase and works with various vendors for procurement
- Perform on-site and remote technical support
- Assist in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources
- Maintains excellent communication with the IS Manager on all tasks and projects
- Creates and maintains good technical documentation
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Windows 2008/2012/2016 operating systems on physical and virtual hardware platforms
- Perform a wide range of system administration duties on database, application, and other servers including install, debug, maintain, upgrade, and general support
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the infrastructure
- Pro-active monitoring of all servers, applications and services using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s
- Perform regular and on-demand system backups and recoveries
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing and maintaining server level disaster recovery plans
- Collect and review system data for capacity and planning purposes
- Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all IT infrastructures
- Manage & troubleshoot virtual switch networks, intranet & internet connectivity throughout the organization
- Work closely with the IS team to provide end-user support and issue resolution
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging server tools and technologies
- Research, evaluate, and recommend system technologies to support business requirements
- Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures
- Lead, train, and support the work of other staff engaged in similar functions
- Attend and actively participate in weekly meetings
- Coordinate with the rest of the IS team to meet the team objectives
- Provides 24/7 support of all infrastructure systems.
- Participates on and after hours on call rotation schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned