Housekeeper -PRN -Evenings/Nights - Rio Grande City
To provide routine manual services to assure clean, orderly and sanitary conditions in and around the Hospital. To follow all directives and regulatory guidelines in the responsible areas of the hospital given to you. To be willing to be cross trained in different areas. To be flexible in your duties to accommodate the needs of the hospital. To present yourself in a professional and friendly manner to patients, visitors, and fellow staff members. To follow all guidelines explained in the policies, procedures, and employee handbook.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) preferred.
- One to Six (1-6) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices.
- Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the Environmental Services Department.
- Performs routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators and stairways in a clean, neat and sanitary manner.
- Completes work assignments in a timely manner.
- Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
- Uses and maintains equipment properly.
- Assists visitors with directions whenever requested.
- Always introduces self to patients, families and visitors.
- Reports safety hazards as appropriate.
- Transports trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal area.
- Replenishes supplies.
- Follows all infection control practices including hand hygiene techniques, standard precautions and isolation precautions.
- Maintains set quality standards when performing job duties.
- Works day, evening or night shift as assigned.
- Ability to do work on his/her own with normal supervision.
- Observes safety precautions at all times.
- Maintains and ensures age-specific precautions. (See age-related competency form)
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Able to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Other duties as assigned.