Data Analyst I- FT - Days - Accounting
Analysts compile, structure, and analyze data to make conclusions that help streamline Accounting processes. The data analyst is involved in the basics of data-driven in the organization. In order to accurately report on data, the analyst is involved in the aggregation of data, maintaining data quality, and the analysis of data. Depending on the data maturity and systems of the organization, these reports can be ad hoc. Ad hoc reporting means that the information has to be manually retrieved from the systems for reporting and analysis.
- College degree in Business or Computer related field required
- Master’s in Business Administration or Masters in Healthcare Administration is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Prefer hospital experience
- Two (2) years’ experience in accounting preferred
- Prefer healthcare experience, but not required.
- Must able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Requires reasoning ability, good independent judgment, and the ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Must project a professional image.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and Microsoft Office is required.
- Ten (10) touch key required
- Capacity to apply discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Ability to develop and manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Familiarity with human resources policies and procedures to ensure the HRIS meets organizational needs and goals.
- Some evening or weekend work will be required.
- Experience with HR platforms e.g. Kronos, Jobvite, etc.
- Compile HR data and metrics from the human resource information system (HRIS).
- Compiles or assist with the acquisition of complex data reports, summaries, and logs for VP of HR
- Serves as a liaison between HR, information services, external vendors, and other stakeholders for HRIS design and implementation projects.
- Generates reports/queries, including writing, maintaining, and supporting a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools.
- Manage projects and process improvement.
- Uses data to build project plans and ensure adherence to schedule and other specifications.
- Utilizes interpersonal skills when working with various customers and peers to accomplish project goals.
- Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate the application of upgrade or current system(s).
- Provides production support, including researching and resolving HR problems, unexpected results or process flaws and recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Support HR processes with data and statistics for trends and patterns.
- Gather and disburse government labor statistics.
- Analyze practices and make recommendations to management.
- Prepare reports of data results and present findings to VP of HR.
- Facilitate implementation of related initiatives.
- Contribute to system decision-making, scoping and arranging HR system projects in support of the overall HR strategy.
- Responsible for ensuring that VP of HR is informed on the status of issues, and concerns by collecting relevant information as necessary.
- Creates comp statistics.
- Competencies required for this include strong attention to detail and a strong drive to use data to answer business questions.