Floor Tech - FT- Days
Cleans and maintains all carpeted and hard surfaces in the facility. Floor Technician performs preventive maintenance on floor equipment at Doctors Hospital at Renaissance owned facilities. Floor Technician participates in the department's continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- High school graduate or general equivalency diploma (GED) preferred.
- One to Six (1-6) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Valid Texas driver's license required
- Meets dress code standards; adheres to dress code of a specific unit.
- Completes annual educational requirements
- Maintains regulatory requirements
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated time.
- Wears identification while on duty; uses computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes in-services and returns in timely fashion.
- Attends annual review and departmental in-services, as appropriate.
- Ensures patient confidentiality
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility as well as the focus statement of the departmentPOSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices.
- Performs assigned tasks in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the Environmental Services Department
- Performs cleaning and maintenance of all floors; carpets, tile, concrete and brick flooring.
- Completes work assignments in a timely manner
- Utilizes the appropriate chemicals, supplies and cleaning techniques according to procedure and manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Performs restoration functions on highly soiled or worn areas
- Operates and maintains all equipment correctly and safely.
- Observes safety precautions all times. Uses safety signs, WET FLOOR and ropes off sections of floor for cleaning where appropriate.
- Follows all infection control practices including hand hygiene techniques, standard precautions and isolation precautions.
- Reports safety hazards as appropriate.
- Replenishes supplies; notifies the supervisor when supplies need to be ordered
- Always introduces self to patients, families and visitors
- Assists visitors with directions whenever requested
- Maintains set quality standards when performing job duties
- Ability to do work on his/her own with normal supervision
- Maintains and ensures age-specific precautions.
- Able to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Other duties as assigned.