Financial Analyst II - FT- Days - Accounting
The successful candidate will assist the Director of Finance and Accounting in the operations of the Accounting Department. This position will require preparing forecasts, performing cost and variance analysis of patient accounts data, assuring the accuracy of balance sheet accounts, and providing assistance in long range planning and profitability assessments. Also includes budgets and cost report preparation, statistical analysis by departments and service lines.
- College degree in Business or Computer related field required
- Masters in Business Administration or Masters in Healthcare Administration is preferred.
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience
- Two (2) years’ experience in accounting
- Prefer healthcare experience, but not required.
- Must able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Requires reasoning ability, good independent judgment, and the ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Must project a professional image.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and Microsoft Office is required.
- Ten (10) touch key required
- Must have thorough knowledge of corporate finance, including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow, capital budgeting, profit and loss, time value of money, and pro forma statements.
- A good understanding of database modeling is also likely to be required.
- Being able to communicate this information on paper and in conversation to audiences with varying levels of understanding is also critical.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practice
- Develops computer programs to determine/assist with various cost projects and performs statistical analysis based on this data.
- Examines historical and projected financial data to provide senior management with valuable data upon which to make relevant financial decisions.
- Responsible for the coordination, preparation and analytical review of the Hospital’s financial reports.
- Identifies and adheres to appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Analyzes workload, determines work priority, assigns duties, oversees work progress, and participates in professional financial duties in a major fiscal division.
- Analyzes and prepares various financial and statistical reports for both internal use and as required for external agencies.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Assist in budget preparation.
- Assist in cost report preparation.
- Other duties as assigned
LINES OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Director of Accounting