Rehab Nursing Supervisor- FT- Days
The Rehab Supervisor assists the Director of Rehabilitation Nursing Services to ensure that the highest standard of rehabilitation services is delivered and maintained. The Rehab Supervisor assists the Director of Rehabilitation Nursing in goal planning, development, implementation, directing and monitoring of the Rehabilitation Hospital at Renaissance. The Rehab Supervisor also assists in ensuring customer satisfaction with the development and implementation of quality and cost effective clinical programs and ensuring that services are provided efficiently and effectively within DHR's mission, vision, and values and in accordance with safe professional practice.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required.
- Licensure in the State of Texas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN).
- Bachelor of Science degree in nursing (BSN) preferred
- Current BLS/ACLS certification is required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Computer skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish.
- Two (2) years of Inpatient Rehab experience preferred.
- Four (4) plus years of clinical staff experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operations and healthcare management; Nurse Practice Act, TJC and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices
- Directs and manages the delivery of nursing services and patient care which are integrated with business plans and meet or exceed cost, quality, clinical, and utilization standards and performance measures.
- Ensures that services meet members', physician and internal clients' needs in a changing, competitive health care market.
- Directs and ensures continuous improvement of all clinical practices, services, and operations by managing the design and implementation of systems, processes, and methods to evaluate and improve patient care across the continuum of care.
- Plans, develops, and/or directs the implementation of service area and/or divisional initiatives within service line or service area which develop and share best practices and standards of care.
- Directs and/or delegates to 24 hour Charge Nurse the appropriate delivery and level of services.
- Directs budget management and resource allocation; manages financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care and service.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues
- Hires, fires, and disciplines as part of performance management.
- Directs compliance with administrative, legal, and regulatory requirements of governmental and regulatory agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
LINES OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reports to Director of Rehabilitation Nursing Services who reports directly to the Vice President of Rehabilitation Services.