Nursing Services Supervisor - FT- Days- DHR Brownsville
Assists in planning, directing, coordinating and evaluating the overall clinical nursing practice and administrative activities, including fiscal, material and human resource management. Participates in the development and implementation of hospital policies and procedures, as well as making suggestions for revision of same. Maintains open communication with all nursing staff to promote improvement in performance. This position requires a sound knowledge of nursing practice and exceptional leadership abilities.
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
• Current licensure in the State of Texas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) required.
• Bachelor of Science degree in nursing (BSN) or Bachelor’s degree in health care/business related field preferred.
• The successful candidate will be required to pass competencies for this position.
• Current BLS certification is required.
• ACLS/PALS certification to be obtained after 90 probation period yet prior to completing one year in the current position.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience as first-line manager coupled with three (3) years clinical nursing experience required. Requires knowledge of Texas and Federal regulatory agency standards related to health care organizations.
• Broad understanding of patient care processes.
• Able to apply principles of managerial and leadership theory.
• Cognitive and technical knowledge and the ability to progressively manage care delivery across the continuum of care.
• The ability to retrieve, communicate and present data and information both verbally and in writing required; as is the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word.
• Must be flexible with work scheduling.
• Involves discretion and independent action within prescribed limits.
• Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices.
• Integrates the department(s) and its services into the organization’s primary mission.
• Leads initiatives resulting in enhanced physician, patient and employee satisfaction and improved quality.
• Creates an environment that facilitates innovative patient care delivery with a focus on infection prevention and patient safety.
• Ensures that adequate, appropriately competent and qualified staff is available to meet patient care needs.
• Actively works to develop and maintain good working relationships with medical staff, other leadership within the organization and staff.
• Coordinates and integrates services within the department(s) and with other departments.
• Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
• Participants in the recommending sufficient number of qualified and competent persons to provide care.
• Assists in determining the qualifications and competence of department personnel who provide care services and who are not licensed independent practitioners.
• Continuously assesses and improves the department’s performance. Maintains appropriate quality control programs.