Rehab Technician - PRN - Days -Aquatics Therapy
This position serves as a therapy (rehabilitation) technician assisting all outpatient rehabilitation disciplines and service lines at DHR Health – Aquatic Therapy Institute. Under the direct supervision of the Therapy Supervisor and facility Director, Rehab Technician has the primary responsibility of ensuring the health, safety and welfare of patients, visitors, staff, and volunteers. It is also the role of the Rehab Technician to: (1) assist the provision and administration of specific outpatient rehabilitation treatments under the direct supervision of staff clinicians, (2) assist with restoration of patient functioning to prevent disability following injury, disease , or physical disability, (3) assist patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities, (4) participate in operational aspects of the department, (5) perform clerical duties as needed, (6) assist with ordering of supplies for the facility, (7) assist the clinicians in maintaining infection control standards, and (8) assist the department in meeting all program standards for organizational safety and fire safety.
- High school graduate, preferred
- Current BLS certification
- Clear Texas Driver’s License required
- Minimum Two (1) year experience as a rehab technician, preferred
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish.
- Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Organizational skills are necessary
- Good written and verbal communication skills required
- Requires working with frequent interruptions.
- Must project a professional and positive image.