HIM Specialist III - FT - Days
Quality Assurance Specialist:
- Completes Quality Assurance reviews in any area of the HIM Department as identified in the HIM Compliance Program.
- Compile Quality Assurance review findings and perform root cause analysis.
- Compile productivity reports for Specialist I (prepping), Specialist II (Quality Control and Validation), and clinics
- Completes the rescanning of Quality Assurance errors
- Coordinates reporting of data to THCIC data on behalf of DHR.
- Coordinates reporting of data to HIDI data on behalf of DHR
- Report findings to Director for Revenue Cycle Compliance monthly scorecard.
- Assist Specialist II Audit Correspondence
- Assist HIM Management Team in identification and implementation of process improvements.
- Maintain data to facilitate monthly reporting to Senior Management.
- Coordinates all external payer audits to make sure all proper documentation is obtained by auditing each account and communicate as necessary with appropriate departments and providers in order to meet the deadline
- Maintains all correspondence by scanning into Cerner, enters notes in Paragon, enters Paragon- Release of Information when received and update once mailed out. Including encrypting CD’s and contacting the provider with the password
- Able to navigate through Paragon notes before releasing any records to ensure that it is not a merged or combined account
- Compiles a Reconciliation Report by communicating with Business Office on a weekly basis in order reconcile all accounts received
- Compiles audit request log of requests received including the requesters information
- Contacts physician’s office to ensure completion of any pending documentation prior to mailing out the requests
- Assist Director/Manager with any special projects
- Must comply with all Policies and Procedures including confidentiality of Patient Health Information
- Performs other duties as assigned.
LINES OF REPSONSIBILITES:
- HIM Manager → 2. HIM Director