Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis - DHR Health
The Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis will work directly with financial management strategy, accounting, and continuous improvement and contribute to developing our strategic direction. In addition to these components, the V.P. will establish policies and procedures in finance and operational areas that align with and advance equity, inclusion, innovation, and learning. The Vice President of Finance is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work employees perform within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job.
POSITION EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field required; emphasis in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Spoken and written English required.
- Ten years of progressive servant leadership experience leading a highly diverse workforce
- Five years of progressive experience managing acute/ambulatory clinic operations preferred
- Experience working with lean and continuous improvement concepts, and project management, development, and implementation
- Strong working knowledge of hospital, outpatient and ambulatory operations and workflow.
- Mission-driven professional with agility, energy and aptitude to excel in a dynamic, start-up like organization in alignment with D.H.R. Health values.
- Track record leading end-to-end projects, managing a high volume of work with efficiency, and being able to execute effectively, shift priorities and solve problems creatively.
- Mentoring and coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise and ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in strategic and tactical thinking related to overall organizational leadership.
- Promotes the facility's mission, vision, and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards, and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to translate an organization's mission into an overall finance/operations strategy focused on meeting needs as the basis for actionable, measurable plans.
- Contribute to the development of D.H.R. Health's strategic goals and objectives and the organization's overall management, keeping the C.F.O. informed of all critical issues.
- Advise the C.F.O. and other essential members of senior management on financial planning budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters.
- Ensure D.H.R. Health is advancing its strategy, delivering status reports to leadership.
- Partner with finance, accounting, and materials management to direct administrative and operational procedures, including treasury management, contracting, and purchasing.
- Manage and develop an annual budget process.
- Lead the annual strategic planning cycle.
- Develop Proforma and perform lookbacks comparing to actual results.
- Production of Reports for the Board and Committees.
- Development and tracking of the annual capital budget.
- Helps assigned staff determine the need for staffing and presents to Staffing Committee as needed.
- Acts as a resource to assigned staff and can escalate issues as needed.
- Selects, trains, motivates, supervises, and evaluates assigned staff to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities while providing optimal service to internal and external customers. Ensures that assigned employees receive opportunities to further their knowledge.
- Research new trends, markets, potential areas of growth and development for the service lines.
- Design and deploy programs to improve the patient experience and make D.H.R. Health more competitive.
- Familiar with all regulatory areas and agencies to answer department questions.
- Other duties as assigned.