Administrative Assistant - FT - Days - Surgical Services
Provides secretarial and administrative support services to the Surgical Services department, including, but not limited to, typing/word processing, proofreading, preparing reports, processing correspondence, scheduling meetings, recording at meetings, receiving visitor, maintaining files and conducting special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- One-two (1-2) years of related experience preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience
- Secretarial experience is preferred
- High degree of competency/experience in general.
- Requires good communication and organizational skills.
- Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment.
- Requires working with frequent interruptions.
- Must project a professional image.
- Must possess working knowledge of personal computers and software applications used in job.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices
- Performs typing for the administration of the department (memos, correspondence, minutes)
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of grammar, punctuation and composition.
- Prepares a variety of administrative reports, statements and rosters.
- Gathers data and other necessary information.
- Establishes, maintains and revises record keeping and filing systems, ensuring confidentiality of information.
- Consistently is attentive to detail, record keeping and required paperwork inherent to the position.
- Distributes mail in a timely manner.
- Arranges meetings and conferences, schedules appointment and interviews and
- Performs other duties related to maintaining administration schedules.
- Accepts and screens telephone calls and routes calls appropriately; promptly and graciously responds to calls and visitors and determines the urgency of the situation; suggests appropriate referrals or informs administration when the situation warrants immediate attention.
- Tactfully handles difficult situations; contacts are handled professionally and consistently with courtesy.
- Establishes good rapport and cooperative working relationships with hospital personnel.
- Performs well under pressure.
LINES OF REPSONSIBILITES:
(Chain-of-command)(Director of OR) → 2. (Chief Clinical Officer of Surgical & Procedural Services)