Payroll Assistant - FT - Days - Accounting
This position is responsible for maintaining accurate payroll records for the employees of DHR. The Payroll Assistant will ensure that payroll is processed and distributed in a timely manner, maintain and update DHR employees’ PTO, and serve as a resource for employees who have any questions about payroll.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Accounting I and II courses taken at a college level preferred.
- Two (2) or more years experience in payroll processing is required.
- Organizational skills are necessary
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience
- Payroll experience in a hospital setting is preferred. Knowledge of accounting terminology is preferred.
- Ten (10) key and computer skills to include excel is required.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practice
- Responsible for the smooth running of payroll and supervising of staff.
- Handles questions or issues regarding Payroll to employees, directors and senior management.
- Works closely with HR and Benefits.
- Ensures proper signatures/approvals are received on PARs, timesheets, checks and pay practices.
- Prepares payroll analysis and month to end accruals as deem necessary by senior management.
- Responsible for the payroll applications to include accuracy of configurations ADP, E-time, PC Time Clock.
- Prepare in service and orientation sessions to educate new employees and directors on Payroll process.
- Reviews and process the bi-weekly payroll transmission.
- Responsible for the configuration of Payroll Applications: ADP, E-time, and PC Time Clock.
- Other duties as assigned