Inventory Clerk - FT - Days - Mat. Mgmt
Perform a variety of clerical and manual tasks involved in maintaining inventory controls to include receiving, verifying, storing and issuing various supplies, materials and equipment.
- High school GED graduate required
- Valid Texas driver's license required
- Experience in material management and hospital experience preferred
- Computer knowledge is required
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Proficient in the preparation, set up and maintenance of inventory, equipment and supplies used for patient care.
- Stocks and maintains adequate inventory of supplies.
- Demonstrates competency to operate office machines and MMIS applications.
- Must have at least (1) year experience of inventory management.
- Prefer experience of inventory management in a healthcare setting.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practice
- Assess inventory and PAR levels daily as well as notifies the end user of stock status.
- Prepares supply orders using the Caduceus system, ensuring orders are complete and accurate, carts are marked and wrapped and orders are expedited in a timely manner.
- Notes and communicates all warehouse discrepancies to coordinator or supervisor.
- Minimizes acquisition/delivery times of supplies by working efficiently.
- Exchanges and accurately restocks emergency and other designated procedure carts.
- Assists with monitoring expiring inventory and removing and processing according to policy.
- Performs issues and returns of inventory using the system.
- Delivers orders using vehicles or equipment as needed. Responsible for securing receipt acknowledgment for all deliveries.
- Responsible for daily vehicle and equipment checklists and for communicating issues to lead or supervisor.
- Must operate copy machine, facsimile machine, computer and other office equipment.
- Maintains cleanliness of work areas, vehicles and the dock.
- Retrieves totes & carts.
- May perform other tasks and duties as assigned that is appropriate with the operation of the Materials Management Department.
LINES OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Coordinator, Manager, VP