Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) - FT -Days - WH Gynecology
Assist clinical team members within the patient focused care system under the direction/supervision of a registered nurse.
Assist in performing a variety of duties, which may include a variety of clerical duties. Maintains patient charts in an accurate manner and audits adequate unit supplies for an assigned nursing unit.
POSITION EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School graduate/G.E.D. certificate required.
- Current CNA certification required.
- Phlebotomy experience strongly preferred
- Current BLS/CPR certification required.
- Annual Neonatal emergency response class and competency obtained within 6 months of hire
- Willingness to be crossed trained to other areas.
- Willingness to be trained and assist with Phlebotomy
- Willingness to be trained and assist with clerical duties
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English required
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience
- One (1) year continuous experience preferred.
- Exhibits tact, enthusiasm, and patience.
- Must be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practice
- Ensure that care is delivered to each patient in accordance with their scope of practice.
- Takes vital signs and is able to recognize abnormal values and report to licensed staff in a timely manner.
- Supports and promotes excellence in customer/guest relations.
- Assists all patients, family members/significant others, physicians, visitors and employees in a friendly manner.
- Introduces self and uses caring, thoughtful words either in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates ethical and appropriate behavior for clinical environment to include, but not limited to, dignity, patient’s rights and privacy, and the maintenance of confidentiality of patient information.
- Demonstrates caring. If unable to assist an individual in needs, offers to find someone who can.
- Demonstrates proper telephone etiquette. If transferring a telephone call, announces the caller and briefly explains the situation before ending the transfer.
- Always makes eye contact when speaking with patients, family member or significant others, visitors, employees, etc.
- Knocks before entering a room or office.
- Addresses all individuals courteously.
- Keeps voice down; does not shout or use improper language.
- Responds to all inquiries promptly and courteously.
- Works together in the spirit of teamwork.
- Shares information so that the people who need to be aware of the facts are informed.
- Uses resources in an efficient, cost effective manner.
- Maintains chart records and other files.
- Answers phones and routes calls to the appropriate parties
- Uses resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation and collaboration.
- Assures that patient equipment and supplies are available and are in operating condition.
- Orders and stocks the necessary equipment for the unit.
- Maintains knowledge of and conforms to Hospital policy/procedures.
- Assists department unit director and the unit with various clerical duties as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by Director.
LINES OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Charge Nurse on duty → Clinical Coordinator/ House Supervisor → 3. Unit Director