Senior Electronic / Hardware Engineer
Senior Electronic / Hardware Engineer
- Inside a small & reactive cross-functional product engineering team dedicated to licensing projects, you have the responsibility of all the Electronic topics for the Asian projects.
- You work on all project phases, from very early pre-studies to the industrialisation stage.
- You share the same overall goal as the full team: bring Devialet technologies and know-how to a wide range of products to ensure company's growth: Home Speakers (smart, soundbars, portable,...), Professional studio and Public Address speakers, TVs, Smartdisplays, Smartphones and Tablets, Computers (laptop, all-in-one), accessories Automotive and also Headphones. These products can be positioned on a wide range of customers (OEM/ODM, international brands), active on a wide range of markets: electronic, social media, luxury, audio, internet, …
- You enjoy great autonomy and responsibility: you are responsible for the good execution of the technical tasks related to the electronic, as well as for the technical communication with the clients.
- You do most of the work by yourself in Shenzhen within the local team, and you have the full support of the Electronic Hardware team in Paris.
- In early project phases (pre-sales), you -
- interact with the clients to understand their needs, analyse their requirements, and understand the key features and technical specificities of their products.
- interact with Devialet's Teams in Paris to ensure that all key requirements for audio quality are respected.
- prepare demonstration set-up to ensure that the demonstrations made to the customers are done with the highest quality standard.
- ensure very good technical communication between the customer and Devialet's team. For that, you need to speak perfect English and Chinese.
- visit, audit and select suppliers, ODMs, OEMs.
- ensure the bring-up of the client’s PCB so that the DSP and Software engineers can work on it.
- ensure fast communication with the critical components manufacturers.
- In project design phases (contract signed), you -
- help the client to validate the samples, and reach its targets milestones.
- interact with the ODM/OEM whenever needed.
- perform schematics and layout reviews.
- In the product industrialization stage, you -
- help the customers applying Devialet standards to test and validate the prototypes.
- ensure a very fast and smooth technical communication between the customers and the Paris engineering teams.
- In addition to the core Electronic tasks, you must be able to have a wide understanding of the other tasks (SW, DSP, acoustics, project management, product design), to ensure a smooth integration within the team, and a great communication capacity to ensure smooth and fast communication with the clients.
- You are autonomous and able to understand the key aspects of audio engineering for a wide range of product categories.
Key technical skills
- Architecture design and component selection
- Excellent knowledge of board development (Schematics, Layout)
- Knowledge of embedded software (MCU, SoC)
- Prototype brings up
- Performance and feature validation and formalization
- Audio measurements with Audio Precision.
- Good know-how and experience in audio product electronic measurements, validation tests, and manufacturing
Key soft skills
- Language: Fluent in English & Chinese
- Motivated by audio products, willing to learn
- Willingness to work remotely from Shenzhen in a French company with HQ in Paris
- Reactive & Flexible
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Passionate by sound and music
- Engineering Master degree or equivalent
- From 5 to 10 years of experience in electronic audio development.
Contact Our Devialet Advisors Monday to Saturday, 10.00 - 19.00 CET(844) 975-6718