Acoustic, Signal Processing & Control Engineer for Home Audio Systems - Licensing (H/F)
Headquartered in Paris, Devialet is on a mission to elevate sound to its rightful place in people's life, innovating across acoustics and purposeful design. Our expansion began with ADH®, a revolutionary patented invention that would forever change high-end amplifiers. This hybrid technology seamlessly blends digital and analog to produce sound quality unlike anything previously experienced.
At Devialet, each day is more electric than the last. That’s what it means to be part of an incredible adventure with highly skilled, highly engaged, creative talents. Our engineers, designers, sales, marketing, manufacturing and operations teams are obsessively dedicated to inventing tomorrow so we can carry on delivering incomparable emotion to as many people as possible.
We are looking for talented women and men who want to support our projects and values. The revolution of high end audio can be yours as well.
Ready to join us ?
You will work full time with the Licensing R&D Team while maintaining the Home Audio System Design team informed of your activity in order to ensure coherence in the Devialet global technical strategy. You respect and apply the Home Audio System Design team engineering processes, rules and frameworks to ensure an identical workflow between B2C and Licensing team and to guarantee an identical workflow development of common activities.
In this context:
You are responsible of the technical communication
You will ensure the team technical communication and validation with the Chinese Team (Demo setup in France and standard validations)
You will help with the technical decisions during the licensing projects meetings
You will help with confirming adequacy between plannings and technical activities
You are responsible for designing audio architectures
You have to define the best audio architecture (speakers types, box type, power, etc) according to the adapted signal processing, in order to reach given audio performances (benchmark, Sound Pressure Level target, distortion, power consumption, etc).
Designing audio architectures will require the support of other technical teams. In particular, you will work in close collaboration with the entire acoustic team.
If necessary, you may lead the reverse engineering of benchmark products.
You may evaluate the reachable audio performances of an existing audio architecture.
You will be responsible for testing and validating your designed audio architectures.
Throughout a project, you will be responsible to ensure the audio quality of the product / architecture in terms of performance.
You are responsible for setting up signal processing and hardware control
- You will lead the measurement and proceed to the identifications of audio prototypes
- You will setup the adapted audio pipelines in order to ensure the protection of the device
- You are responsible for the objective tuning of the hardware control part of the pipeline. It should protect the hardware and reach the predicted audio performances.
- You will participate in the subjective tuning of prototypes and products.
- Throughout a project, you will be responsible for following up the audio pipeline, in particular for the hardware control part.
- You will help with the porting by fully describing the pipeline with the adapted set of parameters.
This design work is both for answering to customers' requests and for building Devialet own Licensing product demo line-up.
You are autonomous but you will use additional resources from the engineering teams involved in the Licensing activity when needed.
Devialet headquarters in Paris 8th district. Occasional Worldwide travels to be expected.
This post is subjected to a double management : a hierarchical and an operational one. Your hierarchical manager is the manager of the Home Audio System Design team.
On the Licensing side, your operational manager is the Licensing Technical leader.
PHD or Engineer in acoustic, signal processing and control (or equivalent)
You are highly motivated by audio engineering, autonomous and hard-working.
- Acoustic measurements: Audio Precision, Klippel
- Signal processing tools: MaxMSP, Matlab, Simulink,
- Basis in C, Python
- Know-how in acoustic, signal processing, modeling and control
- General audio development
- Knowledge in listening and tuning of audio product
- Knowledge in electrodynamics transducers, electronic and amplifiers
Contact Our Devialet Advisors Monday to Saturday, 10.00 - 19.00 CET(844) 975-6718