Do you see yourself as a conductor of an orchestra? Can you navigate different winding paths to get you to the right destination? Do you get excited when a plan comes together? Do you like knowing the who, what, when, and why behind items? If so, then you might be the project manager we are looking for.
The multi-billion-dollar automotive aftermarket industry is undergoing an exciting, digital evolution, and an abundance of technology product opportunities exist to shape new ways that vehicles can be customized, managed, improved and experienced. Derive’s existing technology products bring added performance, efficiency, safety and customization to over two million vehicles around the world today. Derive’s future products will continue to lead the industry into new technology frontiers. As a Project Manager at Derive, you will be playing a key role in getting these products to the market.
You will have responsibility for driving each project to its successful conclusion by ensuring that its scope is well defined, and resource estimates and project schedules are specified and appropriate to the project. You will work closely with Engineering Management to ensure that resources are on task and on schedule, manage technical change, understand technical issues and ensure that they get prioritized, highlighted, addressed and resolved in a timely manner. You will need to be able to communicate and interface successfully with many different and diverse groups as new product developments can originate internally, externally or via acquisition.
You will also work to identify and manage schedule dependencies across various teams and departments and ensure that they are understood, planned for and executed against appropriately. You will provide regular updates to upper management, business and functional units, and appropriate engineering team members.
You’ll do amazing things here if:
- You can identify and implement process design and re-engineering to achieve both incremental and transformational business impact.
- You are comfortable with and understand the importance of customer service.
- You are comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people.
- You are respectful and influential; you can push back when needed and can approach work rationally.
- You have a bias for action and work comfortably with ambiguity.
- You can analyze information to find trends or diagnose problem areas.
- You have experience defining and reporting on operational metrics and generating problem statements that are supported by data you have compiled.
- You love decomposing and defining workflows and processes.
- You develop innovative solutions and collaborate with your counterparts and cross-functional teams to implement them.
- Your project management experience includes building operational programs that are scalable, defining roadmaps and translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective programs.
- You know how to manage complex cross-functional projects. You strive to meet aggressive goals and know when to reset expectations.
- You have a system to manage change. You influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership, and a customer-focused approach.
Required Skills & Experience
- You have 3-7 years’ experience working in a high-tech company in a software or IT project management role
- Experience managing and balancing stakeholders’ expectations.
- Understanding of project management methods and processes with the ability to apply them to projects.
- Sound judgment and the ability to know when to listen vs. ask questions.
- Strong time management skills
- The ability to be self-directed and work in an ambiguous and dynamic environment balanced with knowing when to ask for support.
- Strong business and technical acumen.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Experience in Excel and MS Project.
- Jira experience desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Experience in the automotive industry is preferred, but not required.