Head of Product
At Derive, we believe that our team is our greatest asset in achieving our future success. We are looking for a visionary technical and cultural leader to champion innovation and product development for our core consumer business. That means we are looking for an experienced and rising star who can inspire, execute, participate and empower. The role offers great autonomy, career growth and the ability to design products that ship globally, impact lives and bring incredible value to the world.
Today, Derive comprises around 180 talented team members across 3 locations: Idaho, Colorado and Florida. We have been developing automotive technology for almost 20 years, and in recent years have experienced explosive growth as our solutions have expanded to more market segments and been received with incredible enthusiasm by new and existing customers alike.
This Head of Product position is a senior leadership role at Derive, with responsibility for product definition and development across all consumer products, where a rapidly growing customer base and exciting engineering capability pave the way for a skilled, visionary leader to have great impact globally.
Technical proficiency will be a great asset in this role, especially the ability to speak with confidence and authority on the design and development of connected, consumer electronic products from hardware, through firmware, to cloud.
This role is a career-making opportunity to imprint a disruptive vision on the fast-evolving, trillion-dollar automotive industry with world-first products that you shape and own directly. Derive has an elite engineering team with backgrounds from the world’s top consumer, automotive and enterprise technology companies, and as such, the Head of Product will need to be both at the top of their game and energized at the idea of driving such a high-performance group.
- Lead the definition and prioritization of flagship products and key features for Derive’s consumer division.
- Research and interpret customer feedback, extrapolating their inputs and our capabilities to an exciting product future, growing our leadership in the automotive technology industry
- Design, test, define and plan future product roadmaps, with the support of Derive’s Project Management team and technical leaders.
- Demonstrate an organized, methodical and pragmatic approach to execution planning across resources, time, features and cost.
- Apply your full stack experience to deliver on that plan through project management methodologies applied across a multi-disciplinary team.
- Communicate, receive feedback, and regularly interact with Derive’s executive team and key customers as a representative of the company.
- Be a strong cultural leader internally, and an ambassador for Derive’s vision and mission externally
- Personal passion for product design, execution, and customer experience, with abundant professional experience demonstrating examples of success in each area.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above (relevant engineering discipline preferred)
- Prior roles as leader responsible for product definition, development, launch and scale.
- 10+ years of engineering and/or product ownership experience
- Expert proficiency in project management practices, with extensive experience and examples in various multi-disciplinary settings.
- IQ+EQ: an eagerness to teach as well as learn, and a demonstrated ability to help scale a fast-growing technology company around a successful product portfolio, driven by strong leadership skills.
- Product ownership experience in the consumer electronics industry, with examples of leading the design, development, launch and scale of high quality products.
- Relevant certifications in project or product management.
- Full-stack system architecture knowledge: hardware, firmware, wireless communications, mobile apps, desktop apps and cloud.
- Expertise and/or a personal passion in automotive technology and products