Mobile Product Manager
As a Product Manager at Derive Systems, you will be a critical member of the Product & Design team focused on creating highly engaging, intuitive applications. You’ll be working on the native mobile apps our customers use every day to reduce emissions, ensure safe driver behavior and reduce operational costs.
You will be an evangelist for our products and build lasting relationships with our customers, gathering their feedback and understanding opportunities for Derive’s Enterprise roadmap. You will build features from existing ideas and bring new ideas to the product based on your interaction with customers and prospects. Your relentless focus on execution, data-driven decision-making, and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams will transform our product vision into reality.
You will collaborate across the business and work closely with our incredibly talented team of experienced engineers to drive the success of our solution by way of prioritization, detailed requirements, vision and positioning.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record of developing software products from ideation to implementation as part of a cross-functional Agile team. You should possess a balanced blend of business and technical savvy and be passionate about the problems that are solved by our product and the potential future solutions against which our product roadmap will execute. You will be able to flex between understanding B2B and consumer-level needs.
As a Product Manager at Derive, you’ll be responsible for:
- Becoming the subject matter expert in the market and customers for our Enterprise applications including the Derive VQ Driver apps, in both Android and iOS, and our Derive VQ Utilities app
- Managing the end-to-end product lifecycle, taking features from ideas to requirements while ensuring alignment with the long-term vision for our product
- Identifying market needs for current and future products by conducting ongoing market research
- Understanding the “why” behind customer requests and pain points to derive and build solutions
- Managing creation and maintenance of product roadmaps, feature prioritization, epics, and stories
- Providing well-defined and prioritized requirements/user stories to enable our engineers to build and test against
- Actively participating in and facilitating Agile ceremonies: daily scrums, story grooming/refinement, sprint planning, stakeholder demos, and retrospectives
- Reporting on product metrics that can quantitatively inform our product strategy
- Working with design to conduct ongoing user research to gain qualitative insights into our product strategy while forging lasting relationship with key customers
- Collaborating with Development, QA, Customer Success and other members of the Product & Design team to ensure continuous feedback while ensuring backlogs are representative of both the business and technical teams’ needs
- Collaborating with Marketing and Sales on the development of market-facing communication materials and conducting product feature training
Your Background / Experience:
- 3+ years of product management experience in an Agile environment
- Experience managing all aspects of mobile software products (both iOS and Android preferred)
- Prior experience managing all aspects of a B2B SaaS product preferred
- Prior experience with IoT, cloud-based services, or hardware preferred
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative product research
- Leadership competencies including influencing, negotiation, and ability to drive focus
- Ability to develop product strategies and communicate recommendations to management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to occasionally travel to customer sites and trade shows
- Understanding of Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Bachelor’s degree