Sr. User Experience (UX) Designer
Derive Systems is a leading automotive technology company with over 2 million software installations powering upgraded vehicles on our roads today. Derive connects vehicles and their engines to the digital world, enabling individuals and fleets to take control and optimize for performance, fuel efficiency, safety, and more. The Derive Systems platform leverages added on-board intelligence, powerful cloud data integration, enhanced sensors, and cloud technologies to personalize every automotive experience. We transform vehicles from one-size-fits-all, to deliver smart, dynamically adaptable, and mission-specific experiences.
About this role:
As a Sr. UX Designer at Derive Systems, you’ll be joining a small but growing team focused on designing amazing experiences for our customers. You’ll be working cross-functionally to design new features and improve our products based on feedback and insights gathered from customers and internal stakeholders. You’ll be focused primarily on our flagship desktop software suite which empowers customers to upgrade vehicles through intuitive tools and robust editing capabilities.
This is a place where you can grow your skills and gain experience while providing value to our team, culture, and customers. We favor humble exploration versus having the ‘right answer’ and believe it’s important to have fun while you’re at work. We look forward to the innovative ways you'll delight our customers while enjoying the process of building great products alongside your colleagues.
As a Sr. UX Designer at Derive, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working collaboratively to carry your designs and ideas through the entire product design process
- Exploring many diverse solutions (while being willing to discard most) as a way to find the best
- Sketching, prototyping or finding other ways to communicate intent and test ideas early
- Helping to build and maintain design systems that provide consistency as our products evolve
- Participating in user research activities to gather insights that will influence product direction
- Collaborating with colleagues from many disciplines, e.g. hardware, software, firmware, and platform
You’ll do amazing things here if:
- You’re eager to learn, but you’re also willing to teach
- You organize and prioritize your efforts effectively
- You advocate for design thinking across our teams
- You are comfortable with autonomy and ambiguity
- You are objective, humble, and curious
Your Background / Experience:
- 5+ years of digital UX design experience
- Familiar with native iOS, Android/Material design best practices
- Proficient in Sketch, or other design tools
- Able to prototype in order to test and communicate design decisions
- Solid, demonstrable understanding of user-centered design
- Bonus: Experience with JTBD, Lean, or other product development frameworks
- Bonus: Familiar with hardware development or automotive technology
We believe a diverse team is a stronger team. We’re an equal opportunity employer.