Dealer Account Manager
Derive Systems is a leading automotive technology company with over 2 million software installations powering upgraded vehicles on our roads today. Derive connects vehicles and their engines to the digital world, enabling individuals and fleets to take control and optimize for performance, fuel efficiency, safety, and more. The Derive Systems platform leverages added on-board intelligence, powerful cloud data integration, enhanced sensors, and cloud technologies to personalize every automotive experience. We transform vehicles from one-size-fits-all, to deliver smart, dynamically adaptable, and mission-specific experiences.
About this role:
We are seeking a high-energy Dealer Account Manager with a high level of expertise in custom tuning and associated software and a firm understanding of the programmer/tuner product category within the performance automotive and truck markets. The Dealer Account Manager is responsible for managing and growing existing accounts and engaging in business development activities that identify and close on new business. In this role, you will identify opportunities with existing accounts and take action to follow up and execute a plan to capitalize on these opportunities. You will also perform business development related tasks that are necessary to identify new business prospects, follow up on leads and to set up new dealers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute Quarterly Business Plan
- Promote organic sales growth through existing accounts
- Identify and develop leads into new accounts through prospecting and lead follow-up
- Negotiate terms of sale, pricing, and programs based on established company standards
- Facilitate on-site customer training and product demonstrations
- Represent Derive at dealer shows, trade shows, and other events
- Maintain customer records using automated systems.
- Assist customers in selecting products based on customer needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations
- Follow up with leads and opportunities from events (shows/site visits)
- Facilitate outbound calls while in office, generate call lists when lists are not provided.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our product portfolio
- Proven self-starter with energy and motivation to find, develop and close sales
- Must be results oriented
- Demonstrated strong time management skills
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- 5+ years of successful outside sales/territory management experience
- Foundational knowledge of engine management systems
- Knowledge of the performance aftermarket parts market
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and SaaS CRM (Salesforce/NetSuite)
- Ability to travel 50%
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solver
- Self-starter that can work independently or with a team