Derive Systems is a leading automotive technology company with over 2 million software installations powering upgraded experiences for drivers on the road today. Derive connects vehicles and their engines to the digital world, enabling individuals and fleets to take control and optimize for performance, fuel efficiency, safety, and more. The Derive Systems platform leverages added on-board intelligence, powerful cloud data integration, enhanced sensors, and further technologies to personalize every automotive experience. We transform vehicle experiences from one-size-fits-all to smart, dynamically adaptable, and mission-specific.
We are hard at work building out our Android application alongside our existing iOS application and need an experienced Android developer to bolster our efforts. In addition to helping build out the MVP release, you will be a part of defining and building brand new features. We have a lot to build for our users, and being a young company with a fresh code base, we have many opportunities to build and establish great engineering practices and solutions on top of a solid foundation. Your ideas and input are valued. The more you are engaged and take ownership, the more you are able to guide and influence what we do. Join our smart and motivated team and be a part of a rapidly growing product and company.
This role will directly impact Derive Systems' engineering efforts as we continue to foster innovative ideas within the automotive technology sector. You must be a driven self-starter who can take initiative in delivering on project (and company-wide) goals. You must be comfortable working within new and diverse environments and geographically dispersed teams. Your communication skills must be superior and effective- both written and verbal.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field of study.
- 3+ years of experience in native Android development.
- You know how to architect applications that persist data, and present information to complex UI layouts applying solid software patterns and architecture appropriate for Android.
- You have experience with Kotlin and Coroutines.
- Knowing how to read and understand Swift code and iOS projects a plus.
- You build modular, reusable, and tested code.
- Experience with unit, integration and UI testing.
- You have experience with MVVM or other modern clean architecture patterns, you understand concurrency, memory management, data modeling, and using stable third-party libraries to build excellent solutions rapidly.
- You have extensive experience in all the core Android technologies and popular third-party toolsets.
- Experience with Bluetooth/BLE
- Experience with Wi-Fi P2P
- Experience with interfacing a mobile application to an embedded hardware device
- Able to work independently, manage multiple projects to completion on schedule in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Experience writing mobile applications that work with connected hardware similar to an IOT environment