Salesforce Systems Administrator
The Salesforce Systems Administrator is part of the Dent Wizard Information Technology team. This person manages systems administration, system training, development and communication of system changes, and supports system integrations. This person partners with business leadership to optimize, customize and configure technology resources to meet the organization’s mission.
The Salesforce Systems Administrator is the primary on-site support for company-wide Salesforce systems, which are primarily cloud-based. This person will be wholly responsible for maintaining and improving Salesforce, the backbone of our CRM and Inventory operations. He/She is required to understand Dent Wizard’s business and technical environments. This is a support position whose job is to improve the technology infrastructure while minimizing the disruption to the end user.
- Primary owner and point of contact for the Salesforce platform
- Administers security of the Salesforce platform
- Ensures business system Salesforce environment is properly updated and maintained
- Manages continuing configuration of business system, user maintenance and data cleanup
- Creates and maintains reporting and dashboards
- Develops and communicates training for users regarding system usage, releases and enhancements
- Maintains end-user guides, release notes and all support documentation, including tracking bugs, enhancements and features
- Partners with leadership to recommend solutions to business needs based upon on-going research into new system features and functionality
- Partners with developers and vendors to ensure business requirements are fully implemented, thorough testing is complete and system quality maintained
- Maintain functionality and enhancements for integrated systems
- Provide general support to application users
- This position is performed in a standard office environment. This person will operate more than 50% of the time in a stationary position.
- This person must be able to operate a computer, common software packages and other office machinery.
- This person must be able to effectively and frequently communicate with internal and external customers’ in-person as well as virtually.
- 5+ years of experience with SalesForce.com Administration
- Ability to understand complex business processes and organizational structure
- Champion of Salesforce and Salesforce best practices
- Driven to increase personal knowledge and skills
- Proficient with utilizing Salesforce Sandbox for enhancements and full adherence to change management practices
- Ability to display good judgement, problem solve and work ethically
- Effective at communicating and working with others
- Proficient with AppExchange and commonly used Salesforce Apps
- Experience with systems integrations a plus
- Willingness to work with third parties and vendors
- Familiarity with Force.com/Apex/Visual Force/Flows
- Ability to self-manage workload
- Ability to convert business rules into technical requirements
- BS Degree in CS or closely related field
- Salesforce.com Administrator Certification or equivalent experience