Auto Body Paint Prepper
Prepare the canvas for our artists. Be a wizard.
You have great attention to detail and you love seeing cars that have outstanding paint jobs. Dent Wizard is looking for someone reliable like you to join us as a Paint Prepper in Elkridge, MD. It’s a great way to earn an excellent wage, get comprehensive benefits and take the first step that could lead you into a career with us.
Supporting one or more of our Paint Technicians, you will wash vehicles, locate and remove imperfections on panels and treat scratches and chips with plastic or liquid filler. You’ll tape up the cars so we paint only the parts of the car that are intended, and smooth and sand rough spots. After painting, you’ll remove the tape, clean the vehicle and prepare it for buffing.
The Dent Wizard Difference
- Competitive compensation: steady work with a great hourly wage and bonus potential
- Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and more, after your first 90 days
- Tools and uniforms provided by Dent Wizard
- Regular hours at a fixed location for work/life balance
- Variety of work on many types of cars, both new and old models
- Approachable managers who are here to help and support you
- On-the-job training to help you learn our processes and new techniques
- Be mentored by our Paint Techs to learn the automotive paint process
- Potential to move up into Paint Tech or other Tech roles, which leads to even greater earning potential
What You Need to Succeed
- Body shop or vehicle prepping experience is preferred
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, speed and attention to detail
- Toughness and grit to work outside in all kinds of weather
- Physical stamina to kneel, bend and squat, as well as lift up to 15 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Some flexibility in hours needed (occasional evenings or Saturdays)
About Dent Wizard
Dent Wizard is the nation’s undisputed leader in automotive reconditioning services and vehicle protection products – and our success is the result of the great people who serve our customers. We’re stable, growing and have a strong business model, with opportunities in 43 states, 2.5 million vehicles repaired every year and more than 3,000 highly skilled employees. Help us reach new heights and receive the respect, rewards and recognition you deserve.