Mechanical Project Engineer
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides technical review of model and drawing uses, means, and methods
- Familiar with mechanical disciplines including civil, structural, mechanical equipment, piping, and coatings
- Develops construction work packages for field use
- Performs estimates, schedule development and execution plans
- Familiar with construction methods and processes and provides technical support to construction crews
- Identifies material requirements and supports procurement process
- Verifies plans have the appropriate materials noted, and that material requirements are correct.
- Oversees and ensure spec-related instructions are followed.
- Familiar with and assures compliance with applicable codes and standards on a project.
- Manages site survey as well as provide horizontal and vertical control.
- Provides constructability as appropriate.
- Initiates, develops and follows through with RFI and change management throughout the project.
- Performs other assignments as directed by Supervisor.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Mechanical or Civil Engineering. Related Engineering degree may be considered or equivalent experience
- Fifteen (15) years experiences as a Construction Field Engineer, in the oil & gas industry.
- Experienced with current AutoCAD, NavisWorks version(s).
- Current and valid Driver’s license with clean driving record.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to perform all work in a safe manner that meets company & client standards.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and work conditions.
- Ability to read and apply critical and analytical thinking from document information.
- Ability to work independently, handle and prioritize a variety of tasks concurrently, and meet deadlines
- Ability to perform work in a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others in a positive manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with team members at all levels, agency representatives, clients and subcontractors.
- Must be self-motivated and exercise self-initiative.
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to talk or hear. The incumbent frequently is required to walk, kneel, bend, twist, reach, push, and pull, and may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Visual Acuity: must be adequate to perform all required Job Description tasks in a safe manner. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and may require the use of ear plugs on occasion. Work is usually done at client job sites in the field, and occasionally performed in an office setting, with possible tasks being done in/at warehouse facilities.
The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.