Material Handler - ND
Essential Job Functions:
- Physically moves and lifts items or materials (40-50 lbs)
- Receives, inspects, verifies, stages, and organizes all materials
- Verifies material descriptions, quantity, and quality against vendor documentation and company purchase order
- Loads/unloads incoming/outgoing materials, properly securing all outgoing loads
- Manages and tracks material and tool inventories
- Inspects quality of materials and tools upon receipt and before issuing
- Inspects tools before issuing; identifying unsafe tools and fixing or removing them from inventory
- Immediately reports shortages and damaged materials and tools
- Keeps warehouse/storage areas safe, clean and in order
- Uses small hand tools and operates material handling equipment
- Ability to learn and adhere to the Delta Constructors safety culture
- Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Work Experience: Experience as Materials Handler preferred
- Current and valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass a competency test for the operation of a Telehandler and a Skid Steer
- Current OSHA 10 and Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) certificates or ability to obtain upon hire
- Post Job Offer Requirements:
- Take and pass a pre-employment drug test
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge in conducting inventory check
- Good understanding of materials handling, logistics and inventory function
- General computer skills to include the use of Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel and the ability to learn receiving and inventory programs
- Knowledge of proper handling of materials and equipment use conducive to conditions and its use
- Knowledge of Hazardous Materials and Safety Regulations and industry practices related to materials and equipment use and operation
- Ability to use time efficiently in order to complete projects on time
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to handle stress and possess positive attitude even in difficult or challenging situations
- Ability to attend training sessions, seminars and appropriate educational classes required by the department
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to drive, stand, walk, sit, talk or hear.
- The incumbent will be required to work outdoors in inclement and below freezing weather.
- The incumbent must be able to lift and/or move items that weigh at least 40-50 pounds.
- Visual Acuity: must be adequate to perform all required Job Description tasks in a safe manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and may require the use of ear plugs on occasion.
The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.