Electrical QC Inspector
The Electrical Quality Control Inspector supports all Construction activities and reports directly to the Quality Control Supervisor. The incumbent will be responsible for all inspection activities related to Electrical and Instrumentation work to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations, code and client requirements for the project.
Essential Job Functions:
- On-site inspection of electrical and instrumentation
- Ensure all electrical and instrumentation activities (i.e., installation, loop checks, completions and pre-commissioning of the electric works) are carried out in accordance with pertinent rules and regulations, codes, standards and specifications.
- Inspect and oversee all electrical installation and testing activities and be proactive in projecting any adverse impact on the scheduling and delay of productivity
- Monitor and report progress against inspection and test plan
- Inspect the production quality to establish requirements are being met
- Verify work is in place according to drawing and specifications
- Monitor and report all electrical progress and acquire necessary documents and approvals to ensure continued workflow
- Record and document any and all deviations from plans
- Notify management of any discrepancies found
- Monitor the performance of all control activities and tests on electrical systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems relating to electrical quality control
- Provide support and training to the personnel in relation to the project quality
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Comprehensive Knowledge of Electrical Quality Control processes, procedures, standards and specifications
- Knowledge of electrical systems, equipment, operational and mechanical systems including; installation, test, maintenance, and repair
- Knowledge and experience with power tools, testing equipment, test lamps, measuring devices, power construction equipment
- Knowledge of proper electrical equipment use conducive to conditions and assignments including adherence to Hazardous Materials and Safety Regulations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Computer Systems
- Skilled in repairing/fixing electrical equipment, wiring, hand or power tools and other fixtures
- Ability to recognize and respond to dangerous situations or emergencies such as high voltage systems, electrical fires, loose hot wires, broken power lines, etc.
- Ability to diagnose system malfunctions, locate cause of breakdown and correct the problem or recommend solution
- Ability to set and balance priorities in order to complete projects on time
- Ability to make decisions and recommend appropriate course of action in difficult situations
- Ability to communicate effectively as a supervisor both verbal and written
- Ability to life 50 pounds
- Ability to maintain positive attitude during difficult situations
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor with clients
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- 5 years’ work experience as Licensed Journeyman Electrician
(1 year of directly related work experience may qualify to substitute 1 year of education to meet the education requirement)
Required Training & Certificates:
- North Slope Training Cooperative (NSTC) Training, required
Post Job Offer Requirements:
- Take and pass a pre-employment drug test
- Take and pass a Fit-for-Duty Examination
- Attends training sessions, seminars and appropriate educational classes required by department.
- Computer skills commensurate with program and job applications
- Journeyman Electrician Certification or reciprocal
- Current OSHA 10 and Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) certificates or the ability to obtain upon hire
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to type, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Visual Acuity: must be adequate to perform all required tasks in a safe manner.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Work is usually done in a warehouse and outdoors, and often at a client facility or job site. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles and equipment. The incumbent may be susceptible to periodic extreme weather patterns.