Quality Control Supervisor
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and maintain a project quality attainment strategy that defines quality, assesses gaps, measures data, and advise remediation strategies
- Monitor trends, and update requirements into department procedures and application as required
- Align the quality attainment strategy with the division and parent company’s quality requirements and quality control system
- Define key metrics to track quality performance and activities to support improvement to these metrics
- Prepare and facilitate documentation necessary to support quality initiatives
- Perform audits or supplier evaluations as needed including follow up on the audits with corrective actions in areas of noncompliance
- Coordinate with peers, department managers, and executives to help determine strategic objectives and projects for the project
- Facilitate the collection of client survey data, and review thereof, to identify opportunities for improvement and present findings to appropriate management
- Monitor, detect, document correct and prevent deviations in the product
- Provides or coordinates training for the management, staff and business associates in topics pertaining to the quality system, improvement plans, and their respective responsibilities in implementing quality improvement program
- Determine and enforce quality and safety requirements in accordance with real company needs, based on current regulations and product development
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for the control of quality, reliability and safety
- Maintains compliance with established project, and owner and client quality assurance and control requirements.
- Advises and consults the Operations Manager in the planning and execution of project quality control requirements.
- Assists in the processing of installation procedures.
- Works on and assists in making changes on non-conformance reports.
- Notifies superiors of any discrepancies found between work completed and material installed specs.
- Updates Quality Assurance files and documents as needed
- Studies engineering drawings, suggests changes in them and makes changes within scope of responsibility or upon approval, as needed.
- Performs field and/or Fab Shop inspections as needed.
- Attends training sessions, seminars and appropriate educational classes required by department
- Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction, Finance, or Business Management preferred
- Work Experience:
- Five (5) years’ industrial oilfield Quality Control experience.
- Two (2) in a supervisory role preferred
- ISO 9001 experience preferred
- Current and valid driver’s license
- Must uphold current Certified Welding Inspector certificate per AWS QC1 or State of Alaska Journeyman Certificate of Fitness, or Electrical Administrator License based on project requirements.
- Alaska locations only: North Slope Training Cooperative (NSTC) Training, required
- Post Job Offer Requirements:
- Take and pass a pre-employment drug test
- Alaska North Slope locations only: Take and pass a Fit-for-Duty Examination
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent written and verbal, technical and non-technical, business communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate to others internally and externally in a positive demeanor
- Ability to positively and effectively lead teams to success, problem solve and manage projects efficiently.
- Ability to lead others through organizational growth and organizational change
- Knowledgeable of oil and gas field construction phases, support services and electrical & mechanical products related to the oil and gas industry.
- Knowledgeable of commercial electric power construction & installation phases within public utilities
- Thorough knowledge of quality standards, such as ISO 9001 related to Manufacturing preferred
- Computer skills commensurate with program and job applications
- Able to represent Delta Constructors in a professional demeanor and negotiate favorably with key members of the other firms and agencies.
- Knowledgeable of current engineering, quality control and organizational practices
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication in a professional manner.
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to type, talk and hear clearly.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual Acuity: must be adequate to perform all required tasks in a safe manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors, either an office setting or at a client facility or job site.
- The noise level in the work environment varies. In the office the noise is usually quiet to moderate, but may be loud on occasion. In the field, warehouse or at a job site, the noise level is usually moderate to loud.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles and equipment.
- The employee must be able to physically travel by air within, and out of, the project location.
The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.