Mechanical Field Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Schedule: Rotational (3 weeks on x 3 weeks off)
The Mechanical Field Engineer is a technical support on projects. Provides support to the Superintendent(s) and Craft crews. The incumbent will interpret and analyze plans. Review project development and design, in collaboration with other team leaders. All work is performed in accordance to Delta Constructor’s Health & Safety Environmental policies, legal compliance requirements, and client standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates the preparation and implementation of the project quality program when the quality function is the responsibility of the Construction Engineering Team
- Provides Construction Engineering input to the Project Completion Report
- Creates system turnover packages, RFI's, change notices, and material requisition forms
- Provides construction engineering and technical support for two or more Construction Engineering disciplines on small to large projects
- Verifies the plans have the correct required materials noted, and the drawings are correct
- Oversees and ensures spec-related instructions are followed
- Remains knowledgeable of requirements for applicable codes and standards on a project
- Assists with estimating, planning, scheduling, and selecting construction methods for various disciplines
- Works to eliminate any known hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the safety or health of employees or the environment
- Maintains first level quality assurance to confirm that the installation of all work is in accordance with the plans, specifications and industry standards
- Organizes the accumulation of assigned discipline data for the final project turnover and report
- Ensures that tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with the approved procedures
- Establishes and maintains liasion with the discipline design engineering staff, whether third party or in house
- Reviews and interprets design drawings and specifications to ensure current revision level, and correct technical execution of the work
- Provides schedule and progress appraisal data to the Project Manager
- Provides and coordinates resolution for technical engineering problems
- Specifies materials for procurement and monitors material procurement processes to ensure timeliness to support scheduled construction
- Maintains thorough understanding of individual contract terms and implements Change Management accordingly
- Prepares estimates for chagne work and complies and submits Contract Change Notices to client
- Works closely, supports and collaborate with discipline Superintendents to accomplish all of the specific responsibilities listed above
- Assists in the generation of weekly project status reports for distribution to the client
- Manage site survey as well as provide horizontal and vertical control
- Perform constructability assignments in the home office, as required.
- Prepare construction work packages to include required listing materials applicable drawings and specifications, specific details, and work lists.
- Resolve technical submittals for review by the owner’s technical authority via RFI process.
- Prepare technical submittals for the review by the owner.
- Review subcontractor and supplier shop drawings, vendor data and other submittal information for correctness, conformance with the owner plans and specification and then submit these and prosecute their approval with the Owner.
- Prepare material take-offs and requisition s from the drawings and the specifications.
- Research, confirm, and resolve discrepancies with Industry Code(s) required installation requirements. Familiarity with AISC, ACI, IBC, ASME Section VIII, and API codes is desired.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor of Science Degree, Mechanical or Civil Engineering preferred.
- Work Experience:
- Five (5) years experiences as a Construction Field Engineer required; preferably in the oil & gas industry.
- Experienced with current AutoCAD version(s) preferred.
- Current and valid Driver’s license with clean driving record
- PE certification preferred
Post Job Offer Requirements:
- Take and pass a pre-employment drug test
- Take and pass a Fit-for-Duty Examination
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to perform all work in a safe manner that meets company and client standards
- Self-motivated and ability to exercise self-initiative
- Ability to perform work in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to lead others in a positive manner
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and work conditions
- Ability to read and apply critical and analytical thinking from document information
- Ability to work independently, handle and prioritize a variety of tasks concurrently and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with team members at all levels, agency representatives, clients and subcontractors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, kneel, bend, twist, reach, push, and pull, and may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual Acuity: must be adequate to perform all required Job Description tasks in a safe manner.
- The incumbent must be physically able to travel to, and within, the State of Alaska.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Work is usually done at client job sites in the field, and occasionally performed in an office setting, with possible tasks being done in/at warehouse facilities.
The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.